NYU's merit scholarships

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Tanicius

NYU's merit scholarships

Postby Tanicius » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:32 pm

There are a plethora of scholarships under the RTK merit scholarship branch for NYU. When exactly do I apply for these? Is it possible to apply for NYU before sending in all the material for these scholarships?

Stanford4Me

Re: NYU's merit scholarships

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:35 pm

Tanicius wrote:There are a plethora of scholarships under the RTK merit scholarship branch for NYU. When exactly do I apply for these? Is it possible to apply for NYU before sending in all the material for these scholarships?

NYU 1L here,

You mark on your application and any all scholarships you would like to be considered for. I can't remember when the deadline was last cycle, but they interviewed in February and sent notices out in late Feb/Early march. There is also the Dean's Scholarship (which you don't specifically apply for) which all applicants are considered for. If you want to be considered for that scholarship you should apply before January 1. Also, if I remember correctly, they request that you submit all of your materials (application/scholarship addenda) at one time, though I do guess you might be able to contact admissions to see if you can submit your scholarship materials separately.

Tanicius

Postby Tanicius » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:37 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:
Tanicius wrote:There are a plethora of scholarships under the RTK merit scholarship branch for NYU. When exactly do I apply for these? Is it possible to apply for NYU before sending in all the material for these scholarships?

NYU 1L here,

You mark on your application and any all scholarships you would like to be considered for. I can't remember when the deadline was last cycle, but they interviewed in February and sent notices out in late Feb/Early march. There is also the Dean's Scholarship (which you don't specifically apply for) which all applicants are considered for. If you want to be considered for that scholarship you should apply before January 1. Also, if I remember correctly, they request that you submit all of your materials (application/scholarship addenda) at one time, though I do guess you might be able to contact admissions to see if you can submit your scholarship materials separately.

Good idea. Thanks.

jeanius

Postby jeanius » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:57 am

Does anyone know the best way to indicate on LSAC for these scholarships which letter of recommendation is for the scholarship and which are for admission purposes?

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:47 am

jeanius wrote:Does anyone know the best way to indicate on LSAC for these scholarships which letter of recommendation is for the scholarship and which are for admission purposes?

I think you can send the RTK and other scholarship LORs directly. At least that's what I did, and no one complained to me.

Return to “Financial Aid”