how to get money for school? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
shane0515

New

how to get money for school?

Post by shane0515 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Can you guys help me out and explain how law school financial aid is determined? Is it like the undergraduate schools which give out a lot of scholarship and grant money based off of need?

If it is mostly based on merit does that include the gpa or just the lsat score?

Grizz

Diamond

Re: how to get money for school?

Post by Grizz » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:46 pm

All schools will give out varying degrees of merit aid based on how much they like someone, which is mainly a function of LSAT and GPA. These scholarships may or may not come with certain stipulations depending on the school.

Need based aid is almost unheard of.

If you need more money, the rest will be covered in loans. Info on loans can be found in this great thread.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... loan+guide

chicagolaw2013

Silver

Re: how to get money for school?

Post by chicagolaw2013 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:22 pm

shane0515 wrote:Can you guys help me out and explain how law school financial aid is determined? Is it like the undergraduate schools which give out a lot of scholarship and grant money based off of need?

If it is mostly based on merit does that include the gpa or just the lsat score?
worthwhile questions, radlaw gave some good answers.

you def need to change the thread name, though, dood. i came in to rip on you, and then realized your actual questions were valid.

Return to “Financial Aid”