University of Maryland Scholarship Question Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Binnoob

New

University of Maryland Scholarship Question

Post by Binnoob » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:52 pm

First, I'd like to say I searched recent years' acceptances on LSN and did a brief search of the TLS forums... Not much quantitative data to be found.

I was wondering if anyone has had any scholarship offers or know of anyone who has had scholarship offers from UMD and what the numbers were (GPA/LSAT/$$$ Offer).

The reason I ask is because I have a decent GPA(3.5x), but I have yet to actually take the LSAT and was wondering what the roundabout score would be for a substantial money offer... I plan on taking the October test and have only done a diagnostic (164), but I plan on studying my butt off to break 170.

Although I am a Maryland native, UMD is not my #1 choice, but my significant other will be attending Johns Hopkins for her PhD. Three years is obviously a long time, and I want to stay close if I can get decent money. I am not interested in Biglaw per say, and I know that attending UMD, if I'm even accepted, will vastly diminish any chances of that; therefore, I would like to exit law school with minimal debt :)

Also, I am Hispanic but not PR or Mex. Not 100% sure if that changes things... Apparently, it is heavily debated.

Thank you so much in advance!

Binnoob

New

Re: University of Maryland Scholarship Question

Post by Binnoob » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Anyone? :)

efs410

New

Re: University of Maryland Scholarship Question

Post by efs410 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:01 pm

I have heard of the leadership scholarship through MD that can vary in amount, I am not sure if you have to have experience plus good numbers to qualify. I know there are no separate applications for scholarships. I would not hesitate to call admissions and ask what numbers qualify for scholarships and what they look for.

Return to “Financial Aid”