How do I live during law school?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
sconnielaw13
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: How do I live during law school?

Postby sconnielaw13 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:45 am

...
Last edited by sconnielaw13 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aPosseAdEsse
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:19 am

Re: How do I live during law school?

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:46 am

Expect to indulge in peanut butter, coffee, and thrift sweaters, and that's about it.

+All the reasonable financial aid explanations above.

-seeking arrangement

User avatar
jay115
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: How do I live during law school?

Postby jay115 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 am

vlienj24 wrote:
mpasi wrote:Girls can do this: http://www.seekingarrangement.com/


lol the stuff people come up with never ceases to amaze me.


Does this work for homos too? Not that I'm considering...

User avatar
pugalicious
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: How do I live during law school?

Postby pugalicious » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:56 am

jay115 wrote:
vlienj24 wrote:
mpasi wrote:Girls can do this: http://www.seekingarrangement.com/


lol the stuff people come up with never ceases to amaze me.


Does this work for homos too? Not that I'm considering...


Yes, you sign in as a male "sugar baby" looking for a "sugar daddy" or "sugar mama"...not that I would know...at all....

User avatar
pugalicious
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: How do I live during law school?

Postby pugalicious » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:00 am

.

User avatar
jay115
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: How do I live during law school?

Postby jay115 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:53 am

pugalicious wrote:
jay115 wrote:
vlienj24 wrote:
mpasi wrote:Girls can do this: http://www.seekingarrangement.com/


lol the stuff people come up with never ceases to amaze me.


Does this work for homos too? Not that I'm considering...


Yes, you sign in as a male "sugar baby" looking for a "sugar daddy" or "sugar mama"...not that I would know...at all....


I gather after looking at some of the "ads" that a "sugar baby" is something between a hooker and a internet bride? I fished out this statement from one of the first ads listed:

Looking to please my "daddy" in every way imaginable, not looking for a part time arrangement... looking for the real deal. I want to be a "kept boy" and make all of daddies friends jealous.

Jesus save the gays... not literally, of course. Now, I have no problem with a rich partner (I've had and it's fun), but rather the solicitation for one in exchange for "every imaginable pleasure."

The idea of money for sex I think is really nasty.
Last edited by jay115 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jayn3
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: How do I live during law school?

Postby jayn3 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:26 pm

jay115 wrote:Does this work for homos too? Not that I'm considering...


jay115 wrote:Jesus save the gays... not literally, of course. Now, I have no problem with a rich partner (I've had and it's fun), but rather the solicitation for one in exchange for "every imaginable pleasure."


where are you going to school? i'd like to avoid you.

User avatar
jay115
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: How do I live during law school?

Postby jay115 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:17 pm

jayn3 wrote:where are you going to school? i'd like to avoid you.


I don't imagine it will be a problem, especially if you're the type to be easily offended over basic social opinions.

User avatar
appaws
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: How do I live during law school?

Postby appaws » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:50 pm

mpasi wrote:Girls can do this: http://www.seekingarrangement.com/


I need to remember this site...not for law school, but for when I am a 45yo partner and I need a comare.

User avatar
mpasi
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Re: How do I live during law school?

Postby mpasi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:52 pm

You must admit it...it's tempting. You get set up with money and an apartment. From what I've read on blogs, there aren't too many crazy men on there, though they do make it through. A few of these couples have gotten married. Dignity has a price in some situations. :x

BeautifulSW
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:52 am

Re: How do I live during law school?

Postby BeautifulSW » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:57 pm

What the OP is actually asking about is a manifestation of the hidden cost of a full time J.D. program; opportunity cost a.k.a. lost income. It's very real yet so few seem willing to take it into account in deciding whether they can actually AFFORD to go to law school.

Personally, I figure the opportunity cost of a three year full time J.D. at around $100,000. That's probably a serious underestimate but I am trying to take summer jobs into account. I am aware of very few scholarships that cover any portion of this cost.

GettingReady2010
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: How do I live during law school?

Postby GettingReady2010 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:29 am

BeautifulSW wrote:What the OP is actually asking about is a manifestation of the hidden cost of a full time J.D. program; opportunity cost a.k.a. lost income. It's very real yet so few seem willing to take it into account in deciding whether they can actually AFFORD to go to law school.

Personally, I figure the opportunity cost of a three year full time J.D. at around $100,000. That's probably a serious underestimate but I am trying to take summer jobs into account. I am aware of very few scholarships that cover any portion of this cost.


Income lost is definitely an important consideration that most people neglect. You have to figure that you would be making 40-50k (assuming the economy is not what it is), so you're total amount spent/lost on law school is REALLY high.




Return to “Financial Aid”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest