University of Pittsburgh Scholarship Question

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
kingrichardx

University of Pittsburgh Scholarship Question

Postby kingrichardx » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:34 am

Originally from Pittsburgh, went to U of Michigan undergrad. Just got a 169 on the LSAT. I'm trying to figure out where I want to apply. Given the awful job market and A LOT of advice, I've been thinking that I want to incur as little debt as possible. Does anyone know what you need to have in order to get a full ride from Pitt? I doubt 169 would be enough, but I'm curious whether or not I should retake.

reverendt

Re: University of Pittsburgh Scholarship Question

Postby reverendt » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:42 am

i don't think there's a magic number. They don't give out many free rides at all, but if you have a good GPA, I bet you'll get at least CLOSE to a full ride.

joeshmo39

Postby joeshmo39 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:44 am

169 will be plenty with good grades. Warning though: Pitt is known to spread money around between a lot of people and stay away from a few big targeted scholarships. Still though, with a 169, you can get in a lot of places. Like, almost everywhere is worth a shot.

Notor

Postby Notor » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:31 pm

If your GPA is above 3.7 you'll get a full ride from Indiana with no strings attached.

Return to “Financial Aid”