How do I find the GradPlus Application?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Niki

How do I find the GradPlus Application?

Postby Niki » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:22 pm

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but my school has not provided me with any information about completing the loan process. I have accepted the loan amounts from my school's website and have completed the online counseling. What is the next step? I know I have to fill out an application but I don't know where to find it.

LoyolaLaw2012

Re: How do I find the GradPlus Application?

Postby LoyolaLaw2012 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:24 pm

studentloans.gov

Niki

Postby Niki » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Thanks. New problem--it says my school does not accept that award year? I guess I'm going to have to call.

chicagolaw2013

Postby chicagolaw2013 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Niki wrote:Thanks. New problem--it says my school does not accept that award year? I guess I'm going to have to call.

Were you awarded grad plus in your financial aid package? My understanding is it needs to actually be "awarded" to you up to the COA (which I thought they all automatically do, but perhaps not).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but this could be your issue if your school didn't "award" it to you.

Niki

Postby Niki » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:54 pm

chicagolaw2013 wrote:
Niki wrote:Thanks. New problem--it says my school does not accept that award year? I guess I'm going to have to call.

Were you awarded grad plus in your financial aid package? My understanding is it needs to actually be "awarded" to you up to the COA (which I thought they all automatically do, but perhaps not).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but this could be your issue if your school didn't "award" it to you.

Yes, it was awarded to me and I've accepted the amounts through my school. I'm guessing that I have to apply directly with my school because I can't even complete the MPN or whatever it is called on the studentloan.gov site.

nit00

Postby nit00 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Sorry if this is a stupid question...but...

Do you have to accept your awards from your school before filling out the application on studenloans.gov, or can you apply there first?

chicagolaw2013

Postby chicagolaw2013 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:02 pm

nit00 wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question...but...

Do you have to accept your awards from your school before filling out the application on studenloans.gov, or can you apply there first?

I had to, every school is different though.

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Niki wrote:I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but my school has not provided me with any information about completing the loan process. I have accepted the loan amounts from my school's website and have completed the online counseling. What is the next step? I know I have to fill out an application but I don't know where to find it.

Call the financial aid office of your school. Each school might have a different process--not everyone is doing it through the same system.

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:18 pm

Niki wrote:I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but my school has not provided me with any information about completing the loan process. I have accepted the loan amounts from my school's website and have completed the online counseling. What is the next step? I know I have to fill out an application but I don't know where to find it.

Return to “Financial Aid”