BLS are you KIDDING me?!?!

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
pleasetryagain

Re: BLS are you KIDDING me?!?!

Postby pleasetryagain » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:40 am

Kohinoor wrote:When the hugely indebted student loan losers start whining about how they were "tricked" into taking out massive loans...who do you think is going to be bailing them out?

The Series 7/63 certified accountants apparently?[/quo

Beat me to it. I personally can't wait to get on MTal's dole... shit's going to be sweet.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:03 am

Oh, Goosey - :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Please keep me posted. This is just... UGH.

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:16 pm

goosey wrote:are u going to try talking to them?

I'm not. I doubt this was an oversight on their part. I think I'd be tilting at windmills. Your situation might be more convincing, however, given the reasons you have for choosing a full ride. Let me know how it goes.

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:29 pm

MTal wrote:
HazelEyes wrote:
MTal wrote:Tuition keeps going up...biglaw associate positions...and shitlaw salaries keep going down...number of people matriculating to law school at reccord highs. Nope...don't see any problems here.

Why do you care if people are potentially screwing themselves?

When the hugely indebted student loan losers start whining about how they were "tricked" into taking out massive loans...who do you think is going to be bailing them out?

this thread is about someone taking a full ride, dumbass

MTal

Postby MTal » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:38 pm

Cosmo Kramer wrote:
MTal wrote:
HazelEyes wrote:
MTal wrote:Tuition keeps going up...biglaw associate positions...and shitlaw salaries keep going down...number of people matriculating to law school at reccord highs. Nope...don't see any problems here.

Why do you care if people are potentially screwing themselves?

When the hugely indebted student loan losers start whining about how they were "tricked" into taking out massive loans...who do you think is going to be bailing them out?

this thread is about someone taking a full ride, dumbass

Which is what...about 5 % of the entire entering class?

MTal

Postby MTal » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:42 pm

pleasetryagain wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:When the hugely indebted student loan losers start whining about how they were "tricked" into taking out massive loans...who do you think is going to be bailing them out?

The Series 7/63 certified accountants apparently?[/quo

Beat me to it. I personally can't wait to get on MTal's dole... shit's going to be sweet.

Have fun being the parasite of society. I'm sure people respect unemployed massively indebted losers more than people who work for living...even if they are supporting the former.

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:43 pm

so go to a thread where the other 95% are instead of preaching to the choir

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:50 pm

Goosey, if the money really does make a difference to you, it might be worth it to at least talk to Fordham and see if they might reconsider your application. I know someone at Columbia now who'd withdrawn to go to HYS, had a major freak out, and convinced Columbia to let him attend after withdrawing.

doinmybest

Postby doinmybest » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:05 pm

danidancer wrote:Goosey, if the money really does make a difference to you, it might be worth it to at least talk to Fordham and see if they might reconsider your application. I know someone at Columbia now who'd withdrawn to go to HYS, had a major freak out, and convinced Columbia to let him attend after withdrawing.

+1

Imagine what going to school there will be like if they pull this type of crap on a regular basis.

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:23 pm

doinmybest wrote:
danidancer wrote:Goosey, if the money really does make a difference to you, it might be worth it to at least talk to Fordham and see if they might reconsider your application. I know someone at Columbia now who'd withdrawn to go to HYS, had a major freak out, and convinced Columbia to let him attend after withdrawing.

+1

Imagine what going to school there will be like if they pull this type of crap on a regular basis.

My understanding is that Goosey is incredibly debt averse. A few thousand extra charged by BLS caused Goosey to be
goosey wrote:slightly irritated.

Suggesting that Goosey beg for reconsideration by FORDHAM at this point is ridiculous.

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:12 pm

twopoodles

Postby twopoodles » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:02 pm

I also chose a free school, and their tuiton also had a huge jump, but I just got a letter yesterday informing me my scholarship amount was raised and it conveniently covers the new tuition.

Maybe BLS will send a similar notice now that the new tution is set?

dvd

Postby dvd » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:02 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twopoodles

Postby twopoodles » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:45 pm

It said the same... dollar amount and "we expect this to cover the full cost of tuition" or whatever.

Return to “Financial Aid”