External Scholarships Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
EijiMiyake

Bronze

External Scholarships

Post by EijiMiyake » Sat May 29, 2010 11:40 am

Can we start a list of external scholarships and deadlines? I have some time off this summer and am planning to apply to these obsessively to pick up some extra cash.

I'll start:
http://www.napaba.org/uploads/napaba/NL ... hipapp.pdf

NABABA scholarship (Asian Americans) - 9/3/2010

Maillot Jaune

New

Re: External Scholarships

Post by Maillot Jaune » Sat May 29, 2010 12:05 pm

I am not a URM and have struggled to find scholarships in this category. Anyone know of non-urm options?

For those starting out, http://www.fastweb.com is a good site to check out.

There is a scholarship offered though the ABA.
ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship Fund: The ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship grants 20 incoming diverse law students with $15,000 of financial assistance over the course of their three years in law school.

"During his term as ABA President, William G. Paul initiated the scholarship to encourage racially and ethnically diverse students to apply to and attend law school. Since its inception, 200 students from across the country have received the ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship."

--LinkRemoved--

Maillot Jaune

New

Re: External Scholarships

Post by Maillot Jaune » Sat May 29, 2010 12:08 pm

I just took another look at the site I posted and the application porcess is closed, unfortunately, already.

Per the website: The 2010-2011 Legal Opportunity Scholarship application process is closed. The March 1st deadline has passed, and regrettably there is no extension for late submissions. More than 1,000 applications are currently being processed, and we are unable to respond to messages asking for receipt confirmation. If you have submitted an application you will receive a status notification mid-summer 2010.

Next cycle.

Return to “Financial Aid”