Another GradPlus Question

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
SAOJD10

Another GradPlus Question

Postby SAOJD10 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:02 am

I ran my credit report in April and found that I had an account sent to collections over a medical bill I had never recieved, it was $60.00 dollars and I immediately paid it off. I also had a 30 day late notice attached to a Capital One card I had thought I paid off and closed, but they charged me finance charges the day after I had a zero balance so long story short I owed $7.00 dollars. I disputed this with Capital One and they said it was their fault and would report that to the credit bureau's that I was never delinquent in paying my account etc....

Is any of these going to affect my eligibility to get GradPlus loans? I ran my credit report yesterday and the account in collections had been closed and reported to the credit agencies, but the capital one issue was still up (guess they are taking their time in reporting it). Sorry for the long post

Re: Another GradPlus Question

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:21 am

SAOJD10 wrote:I ran my credit report in April and found that I had an account sent to collections over a medical bill I had never recieved, it was $60.00 dollars and I immediately paid it off. I also had a 30 day late notice attached to a Capital One card I had thought I paid off and closed, but they charged me finance charges the day after I had a zero balance so long story short I owed $7.00 dollars. I disputed this with Capital One and they said it was their fault and would report that to the credit bureau's that I was never delinquent in paying my account etc....

Is any of these going to affect my eligibility to get GradPlus loans? I ran my credit report yesterday and the account in collections had been closed and reported to the credit agencies, but the capital one issue was still up (guess they are taking their time in reporting it). Sorry for the long post

You may need a letter from Capital One stating what you said here.

AsylumPB

Postby AsylumPB » Tue May 25, 2010 9:21 am

Don't ever count on a credit card company to clear things off your credit report. I work at a finance company and it will not happen if you don't handle it yourself. Get in contact with all three credit bureaus and file a dispute against the charges. Most of the time a dispute can be filed online through their website. They will research it and clear it off after they contact the creditor. I would get to work on it now though because it can take a while.

wreckem

Postby wreckem » Tue May 25, 2010 1:43 pm

As long as you do NOT currently have anything 90+ days overdue you are good to go.

Also, its not just GradPlus, but at least in Texas your Declaration of Intent to Study Law requires you to list any debt 90 days overdue etc.

SAOJD10

Postby SAOJD10 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:33 pm

fwiw, I applied for GradPlus loans today and was approved in less than 20 seconds.

Return to “Financial Aid”