credit issue- grad plus Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
turnerr

New

credit issue- grad plus

Post by turnerr » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:44 pm

this is my issue. renzo gave me some insight but wanted to know if anyone else in my boat. I have good credit, 700 + on all 3 credit bureaus. my equifax and transunion are clean, I have owed a home for years and paid three vehicles off.
3 years ago I had a dispute with a lease I was in with the management company. they charged some b/s charges I didn't owe. Charges were turned over to collections. I quickly had them removed from equifax and transunion although experian would not removed the charge. I've never paid it b/c I basically don't owe it and it does really affect my overall credit.

I guess my question is could this get me turned down for a GradPlus?

A'nold

Gold

Re: credit issue- grad plus

Post by A'nold » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:55 pm

turnerr wrote:this is my issue. renzo gave me some insight but wanted to know if anyone else in my boat. I have good credit, 700 + on all 3 credit bureaus. my equifax and transunion are clean, I have owed a home for years and paid three vehicles off.
3 years ago I had a dispute with a lease I was in with the management company. they charged some b/s charges I didn't owe. Charges were turned over to collections. I quickly had them removed from equifax and transunion although experian would not removed the charge. I've never paid it b/c I basically don't owe it and it does really affect my overall credit.

I guess my question is could this get me turned down for a GradPlus?
If it is still in collections, then yes, but if it isn't, then you should be fine.

Return to “Financial Aid”