Anyone know the implications of the Feds "takeover" of loans

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Always Credited

Re: Anyone know the implications of the Feds "takeover" of loans

Postby Always Credited » Mon May 10, 2010 11:24 pm

I hear death camps are a possible implication.

Sarah Palin told me so.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon May 10, 2010 11:25 pm

I'm just waiting to be denied for GradPLUS based on bad credit and then start contemplating ways to kill myself.

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Mon May 10, 2010 11:30 pm

Onion wrote:
Anonymous Loser wrote:
Onion wrote:
Please explain this --LinkRemoved--

Seriously?

studentloandconsolidator wrote:If you still have Federal loans at a variable interest rate now is the time to consolidate. When you consolidate Federal loans the interest rate is the weighted average of all your loans rounded up to the nearest 1/8 percent.

So what is this number for?

Stafford Loan (in repayment): 2.50%

Is that for someone who has an average loan interest rate of 2.5%? Not trying to be dumb (although it looks like I am coming off that way), I just don't understand the process of consolidating I guess. An attorney in my office said he took out loans at like 6.0% and now only pays like 3% after he consolidated his loans.

a refinance doesnt equal a consolidation (although they kind of go hand in hand). if he makes money and has liquidity he could have refinanced all his loabs privately at a lower rate. thuogh 3% sounds low.

Return to “Financial Aid”