Anyone know the credit bureau report used for GradPlus?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
turnerr

Anyone know the credit bureau report used for GradPlus?

Postby turnerr » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Equifax? Experian? TransUnion?

Me-a Culpa

Re: Anyone know the credit bureau report used for GradPlus?

Postby Me-a Culpa » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:29 pm

You can get all three for $25.

Go here and you can get a free one from experian. http://www.experian.com/

Additionally, you can sign up for monthly monitoring for $15/month (it's a bitch to cancel). If you sign-up then cancel, they will offer it for $7/ month, which I did. It's fairly useless after you get the initial reports, but it does list everything experian reports. You will find an option for all three, which is a one-time fee (25). It's a PDF file that provides all the info you need.

You will find differences in the reports. Also, they provide addresses and phone numbers to challenge individual items. It's fairly easy to have things removed if you're persistent.

turnerr

Postby turnerr » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:47 pm

thanks for the help. I actually pulled all my credit reports. my credit score is above 700 on all three. I have owned a home for three years and have paid 3 vehicles off . Only issue is my experian report is showing a collection for a rental property i had 4 years ago. I disputed the charges because they were b/s. The only credit report showing this is experian.
I was told if I was turned down for the GradPlus I could contact the dept of education about it or just pay the charge. Its not that much but I truely don't owe it.

Lupton Pittman

Postby Lupton Pittman » Mon May 24, 2010 10:19 pm

turnerr wrote:Equifax? Experian? TransUnion?

I too am curious which credit bureau(s) is used. I have a small handful of delinquent accounts from years ago, but each bureau is showing slightly different information, and without going too far into things it would be really helpful to know exactly what information is going to pop up on the GradPlus folks' radar. Anyone know about this? Thanks a lot in advance...

wowzers

Postby wowzers » Mon May 24, 2010 10:22 pm

turnerr wrote:Equifax? Experian? TransUnion?

Equifax. I just talked to a woman at the disbursement center.

Lupton Pittman

Postby Lupton Pittman » Mon May 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Thanks so much! Such a life saver being able to pin this down...

Return to “Financial Aid”