BU vs BC vs GW

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
elle

BU vs BC vs GW

Postby elle » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:42 pm

I have a question, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

At this point, I have not been offered any scholarships at BU. I have no leverage as I have not received money at other schools of a similar rank. My only leverage is my potential attendance. I have been accepted to BC and GW so I thought there may be a way to use these other acceptances in trying to get some merit scholarship money. I definitely qualify for need-based if my parents' financial status is not taken into account, which, at BU, it isn't but I got the need-access form in late so they are not able to offer me that at this time.

Has anyone had any success at getting scholarships in a similar situation?

Thanks!

hannibalhamlin61

Re: BU vs BC vs GW

Postby hannibalhamlin61 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:53 pm

elle wrote:I have a question, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

At this point, I have not been offered any scholarships at BU. I have no leverage as I have not received money at other schools of a similar rank. My only leverage is my potential attendance. I have been accepted to BC and GW so I thought there may be a way to use these other acceptances in trying to get some merit scholarship money. I definitely qualify for need-based if my parents' financial status is not taken into account, which, at BU, it isn't but I got the need-access form in late so they are not able to offer me that at this time.

Thanks!

Just so we're clear: You want to use acceptance letters, without any indication of scholarships, from 2 lower ranked schools as a bargaining chip to get money out of a higher ranked school?

Please let me know if this works...

elle

Re: BU vs BC vs GW

Postby elle » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:50 pm

hannibalhamlin61 wrote:
elle wrote:I have a question, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Just so we're clear: You want to use acceptance letters, without any indication of scholarships, from 2 lower ranked schools as a bargaining chip to get money out of a higher ranked school?

Please let me know if this works...

Yes this is the idea. I want to use any of this three acceptances as a bargaining chip to get money.

Knowing that the deposit deadline is on the 15 for BC and BU I don't have a lot of time to manoeuvre.

If anyone can pm me any letter that would help me in my situation that would be very nice.

Return to “Financial Aid”