No Financial Aid Info Yet Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
shephrdpie

New

No Financial Aid Info Yet

Post by shephrdpie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Hey Folks,

I monitor this site fairly regularly and have heard a lot of people talking about comparing different financial offers from law schools. I have not heard anything yet about scholarships or financial aid from any of my schools. I have been accepted to NYU, Penn, Georgetown, BC, Duke and Fordham, with the earliest acceptance dating back to late January. I filed my FAFSA and NeedAccess forms in early February (and received my SAR sometime shortly after) and have filled out all school-specific forms immediately after admission. I am starting to grow concerned that I have not received any information whatsoever from these schools about financial aid packages. Are other people having similar experiences? Should I be worried or is this standard? I appreciate any information or advice that people might have.

THANKS!

darknightbegins

Silver

Re: No Financial Aid Info Yet

Post by darknightbegins » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:37 pm

shephrdpie wrote:Hey Folks,

I monitor this site fairly regularly and have heard a lot of people talking about comparing different financial offers from law schools. I have not heard anything yet about scholarships or financial aid from any of my schools. I have been accepted to NYU, Penn, Georgetown, BC, Duke and Fordham, with the earliest acceptance dating back to late January. I filed my FAFSA and NeedAccess forms in early February (and received my SAR sometime shortly after) and have filled out all school-specific forms immediately after admission. I am starting to grow concerned that I have not received any information whatsoever from these schools about financial aid packages. Are other people having similar experiences? Should I be worried or is this standard? I appreciate any information or advice that people might have.

THANKS!
Schools are just starting to distribut financial aid money. I just got some from Miami (I won't be going there) and I just called LSU and the financial aid person said they will be sending out their notification next week. Each school is different but I wouldn't go nuts yet.

Return to “Financial Aid”