OSU Moritz Merit Scholarship - Am I Competitive?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
JCUGuy0428

OSU Moritz Merit Scholarship - Am I Competitive?

Postby JCUGuy0428 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi everyone, I hope this is on the correct forum...

So I'm down to two schools, and I'm in the full-tuition Moritz Merit Scholarship competition. It seems forever for them to narrow it down, but I'm trying to come to some decisions about where I want to go, and I'm growing impatient.

My decision essentially comes down to if I get the full-tuition I am going to OSU and if I don't I'm going to ND, so people who've also applied for the scholarship at OSU, people who've applied in the past, or whoever else wants to put their two cents in my numbers are 168/3.95 from John Carroll University in Cleveland.

What do you think of my chances?

Thanks guys.

scribelaw

Re: OSU Moritz Merit Scholarship - Am I Competitive?

Postby scribelaw » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:43 pm

You have the numbers for it. You're well above both 75ths.

I'm surprised your choices are down to ND and OSU. Why no T14?...You have good numbers for Cornell, G-Town, Michigan, UVA (def through ED program), Northwestern if you have any work experience. Maybe even an outside shot at NYU.

JCUGuy0428

Postby JCUGuy0428 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:46 pm

I did not get into Michigan and I got waitlisted at GTown, I guess they thought my app was weak.

OSU and ND fit what I want in terms of career prospects, and I'm eager to keep my debt down, hence why they are my final two schools.

scribelaw

Postby scribelaw » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:52 pm

JCUGuy0428 wrote:I did not get into Michigan and I got waitlisted at GTown, I guess they thought my app was weak.

OSU and ND fit what I want in terms of career prospects, and I'm eager to keep my debt down, hence why they are my final two schools.

You got straight dinged at Michigan? Surprising.

Well, both of those schools are really good for keeping debt down. I hope ND gave you $$, because you're way overqualified.

Good luck on the Moritz. OSU is an underrated school and the Moritz is a good deal.

JCUGuy0428

Postby JCUGuy0428 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:39 pm

Yep Michigan just said no.

Everyone's going to grad school this year so things are tougher I guess

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:03 pm

You have a great chance at the Mortiz scholarship. Are you a semi-finalist?

Susan Q

Postby Susan Q » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:27 am

OSU Moritz Merit Scholarhips
Last edited by Susan Q on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:33 am

I would wait a year, regardless of whether you retake. I know you weren't asking about that, but I think you're a little out of OSU's league, even with the Moritz.

Susan, I think you have some shot at the school judging on the 25/75 splits, but I don't recall where you fall in relation to the median, so I'm not sure. If you're in, I would assume it would be at sticker

Return to “Financial Aid”