Does anyone get a scholarship at Georgetown?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
DanInALionsDen

Does anyone get a scholarship at Georgetown?

Postby DanInALionsDen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:52 pm

The title of the thread is pretty self explanatory. After surfing around GULC's LSN graph for a while, it seem like no one has received a scholarship? Haven't heard anyone talk about receiving money on here either. Just wondering.

democrattotheend

Re: Does anyone get a scholarship at Georgetown?

Postby democrattotheend » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:13 am

I got a merit scholarship of $10k per year for 3 years. More than I was expecting, but probably not enough that I could justify it over UVA's much bigger offer or the chance to go to NYU or Columbia. Sad, because I want to stay in DC, but I don't think it's worth it.

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:38 am

democrattotheend wrote:I got a merit scholarship of $10k per year for 3 years. More than I was expecting, but probably not enough that I could justify it over UVA's much bigger offer or the chance to go to NYU or Columbia. Sad, because I want to stay in DC, but I don't think it's worth it.

COL is so high in DC too, compared to Charlottesville!

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:39 am

DanInALionsDen wrote:The title of the thread is pretty self explanatory. After surfing around GULC's LSN graph for a while, it seem like no one has received a scholarship? Haven't heard anyone talk about receiving money on here either. Just wondering.

People do get scholarships at GULC, although it seems like their budget is much less than other schools and T14s. They notify you if they're interested in giving you money.

smov_operator

Postby smov_operator » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:06 pm

I'm putting 45k back into the pot.

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:08 pm

smov_operator wrote:I'm putting 45k back into the pot.

I love you SO SO much. You have no idea!

Return to “Financial Aid”