Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.

Poll

Law School
6
29%
Fight the looters
15
71%
 
Total votes: 21

User avatar
Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:45 am

I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist.

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby AngryAvocado » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:55 am

Might be too vague of a reference for those of us here who aren't bandwagon libertarians. All six and a half of us.


User avatar
mkirk3
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby mkirk3 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:57 am

Thomas Jefferson wrote:I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist.

You must be sure to follow the vote.

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby hiromoto45 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:57 am

...
Last edited by hiromoto45 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ConMan345
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:08 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby ConMan345 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:00 am

As an English major:

"If only the people in her novels had acted remotely like actual people, rather than comic book characters, I, too, would be rereading the thing now."

User avatar
TUP
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:00 am

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby TUP » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:04 am

ConMan345 wrote:As an English major:

"If only the people in her novels had acted remotely like actual people, rather than comic book characters, I, too, would be rereading the thing now."


Then it wouldn't have kept the interest of all those impressionable high school kids over the years.

User avatar
mkirk3
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby mkirk3 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:06 am

TUP, your avatar is epic.

wocehtoom
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby wocehtoom » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:07 am

Who is this John Galt fellow?

User avatar
ConMan345
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:08 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby ConMan345 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:08 am

TUP wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:As an English major:

"If only the people in her novels had acted remotely like actual people, rather than comic book characters, I, too, would be rereading the thing now."


Then it wouldn't have kept the interest of all those impressionable high school kids over the years.


Ah yes, think of the children!

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:10 am

Libertarian ideals>current state of America

User avatar
ConMan345
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:08 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby ConMan345 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:12 am

Vincent Vega wrote:Libertarian ideals>current state of America

I expect you to not take Stafford or GradPLUS loans...
:P

User avatar
mkirk3
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby mkirk3 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:13 am

Vincent Vega wrote:Libertarian ideals>current state of America

+10000

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:15 am

I resent the theft of the libertarian moniker from the real libertarians (anarcho-syndicalists) like myself :mrgreen:

User avatar
Na_Swatch
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby Na_Swatch » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:27 am

wocehtoom wrote:Who is this John Galt [strike]fellow?[/strike]


WHO IS JOHN GALT?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby Grizz » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:54 am

Galt any day of the week.

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby kn6542 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:07 am

Thomas Jefferson wrote:I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist.

What exactly is it that you do? How would you "go Galt" if you're just some kid with an UG degree?

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:14 am

ConMan345 wrote:
Vincent Vega wrote:Libertarian ideals>current state of America

I expect you to not take Stafford or GradPLUS loans...
:P


Unfortunately, I must. It doesn't make me happy, though. If the government didn't offer student loans to everybody, the free market would be more present in the marketplace, and I wouldn't have to deal with depending on the government. As it is, under the guise of giving people educational opportunities, the government guarantees that loans can cover graduate school expenses, basically giving schools a green light to charge whatever they want.

See more at: --LinkRemoved--)
Last edited by Vincent Vega on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Drummingreg
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby Drummingreg » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:15 am

kn6542 wrote:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist.

What exactly is it that you do? How would you "go Galt" if you're just some kid with an UG degree?

Image

User avatar
Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Poll: Go to law school or go Galt?

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:21 am

Drummingreg wrote:
kn6542 wrote:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist.

What exactly is it that you do? How would you "go Galt" if you're just some kid with an UG degree?

Image


titcr




Return to “Financial Aid”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest