Ways to make money this summer? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
orko60

New

Ways to make money this summer?

Post by orko60 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:51 am

Hello, everyone. I have a full time job, but I'd really like to pay off some credit card debt before school starts in the fall. I will have a degree in History from UCLA, and I'm looking for something that I can do from home, online, that can make a decent amount of money. Does anyone have any experience with this? I've looked into some things, like ChaCha and Mahalo, as well as filling out surveys, but nothing seems to make any real money. I'm trying to avoid having to work in a restaurant on my days off.

Thanks!

kumba84

Bronze

Re: Ways to make money this summer?

Post by kumba84 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 am

I've read that the survey things really can't make you any money--mostly they just get you free stuff. But you might try detasseling if you live in a farming area. It's kind of a gross job (walking through tall rows of soaking-wet corn in the heat...plus dealing with all your teenage coworkers), but you can make decent money. The companies are usually so desperate for workers that they'll let you work whenever your schedule permits. But if you don't want to wait tables, you probably don't want to detassel...

Return to “Financial Aid”