I'd really appreciate some quick input here. In short, I have a lot of "blanks" and it almost seems like my FAFSA is a glorified, long-winded version of "tell us your income last year". I'm independent of my parents btw.
I'm just about done FAFSA but here is what's confusing me.
1. legal residence state - I moved two years ago but still have my old license, etc. I'm planning on putting my old state? Not sure what to do here...
2. Why is drivers license optional? Is there any benefit
to give it?
3. They ask for living plans - I guess just put "on campus"?
4. I'm in the workforce and did a Roth IRA. Don't see anywhere to put those deductions (it is after-tax), this leads me to not being forced to disclose my savings, checking accounts, retirement plans. What's up? Should I mention it anyway? Seems strange to me they don't require this.
5. Some part asks how many in the household will be in "college." I'm assuming this means law school too, therefore 1 (me).