What School Are Generous with Their Fee Waiver?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Xnegd

What School Are Generous with Their Fee Waiver?

Postby Xnegd » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:19 pm

How many of you were able to get a Fee Waivers for schools even if you weren't approved for the LSAC Fee Waiver?

I have a job, so they denied me right away; however, I'll be starting my MBA Full-Time in September 2010 so as to finish it up and start law school in 2011.

Most schools start applications in Sep/Oct, and I'll have had a job for the first 7.5 months of the year, but will have already paid my tuition for business school, and will thus be broke. It seams silly to me that I'd have to take out another small loan just to apply for college.

I'm just curious what schools are generous in waiving their fees. We already have to spend like $10/20 per a school on top of the application fee for LSAC to send out stuff right? I asked a bunch of colleges about fee waivers at the LSAC forum, and every single school looked at me funny, and basically told me it wasn't going to happen unless I had a LSAC fee waiver.

I guess I could contest being denied, but I don't know how Kosher that it, seeing as I do have employment. I just happen to also be a student and that sucks up all the money I earn.

chutzpah

Re: What School Are Generous with Their Fee Waiver?

Postby chutzpah » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:34 pm

The LSAC fee waiver is need based, but many schools hand out merit-based fee waivers. Some are emailed to you and some are "hidden", meaning you don't know you have them until you check out on LSAC and there's no fee. This is based on your LSAT and GPA in the LSAC Candidate Referral System. You can also email a school directly.

Read the article -- http://www.top-law-schools.com/guide-to ... ivers.html

And check out this year's thread for an idea of which schools give waivers -- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79774

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Washington & Lee.

Xnegd

Postby Xnegd » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Thanks!

I'm usually really good at sreaching through the forum to not double-post. I'll check out the link.

Return to “Financial Aid”