Important Financial Aid Question.

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
LSHPFL10
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:12 am

Important Financial Aid Question.

Postby LSHPFL10 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:46 pm

My question is simple but something I think is important to know...

I've already had my FAFSA filled out for quite some time now (though I have yet to file taxes). Are there any other financial aid forms/applications I need to think about filling out soon? When does one apply for GradPlus loans? When you know what school you're going to and thus how much you need to request??

Thanks in advance.

LSHPFL10
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:12 am

Re: Important Financial Aid Question.

Postby LSHPFL10 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:38 pm

LSHPFL10 wrote:My question is simple but something I think is important to know...

I've already had my FAFSA filled out for quite some time now (though I have yet to file taxes). Are there any other financial aid forms/applications I need to think about filling out soon? When does one apply for GradPlus loans? When you know what school you're going to and thus how much you need to request??

Thanks in advance.


Bump.

User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Important Financial Aid Question.

Postby Kiersten1985 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:48 pm

Each school has different requirements but many schools require the Need Access form (http://www.needaccess.org) and many also require signed copies of your and possibly your parents' tax returns and W-2's.

Again, check the schools' websites. It'll have all the info.

I don't think you start applying for loans until June, but someone else should chime in on that one.

LSHPFL10
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:12 am

Re: Important Financial Aid Question.

Postby LSHPFL10 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:22 pm

Thank you for the reply.

Can anyone else add to this???

LSHPFL10
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:12 am

Re: Important Financial Aid Question.

Postby LSHPFL10 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:29 pm

LSHPFL10 wrote:Thank you for the reply.

Can anyone else add to this???

LSHPFL10
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:12 am

Re: Important Financial Aid Question.

Postby LSHPFL10 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:16 am

Bump.

Any help would be appreciated, guys.

LSHPFL10
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:12 am

Re: Important Financial Aid Question.

Postby LSHPFL10 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Bumped again.

Can anyone provide some insight on this???

User avatar
swc65
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

Re: Important Financial Aid Question.

Postby swc65 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:18 pm

LSHPFL10 wrote:Bumped again.

Can anyone provide some insight on this???



No. the only correct response is to check with your school(s). They will tell you what you need. That's the only advice that is relevant to your question. Pick up the phone and call or check the schools' websites.

LSHPFL10
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:12 am

Re: Important Financial Aid Question.

Postby LSHPFL10 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:19 pm

swc65 wrote:
LSHPFL10 wrote:Bumped again.

Can anyone provide some insight on this???



No. the only correct response is to check with your school(s). They will tell you what you need. That's the only advice that is relevant to your question. Pick up the phone and call or check the schools' websites.


Right, I understand this, and I probably should've been more clear. My primary question is regarding applications for GradPlus loans - when do these normally need to go out?

User avatar
agentzer0
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: Important Financial Aid Question.

Postby agentzer0 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:20 pm


LSHPFL10
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:12 am

Re: Important Financial Aid Question.

Postby LSHPFL10 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:27 pm

I appreciate the helpful link, but I don't see anything on there that stipulates typically when students should be applying for GradPlus loans. Does anyone have any idea?




Return to “Financial Aid”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest