How to use a T4 acceptance to sway a T10 school?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
nimhnimh

How to use a T4 acceptance to sway a T10 school?

Postby nimhnimh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:07 am

I was accepted to a T4 school (NYU/Columbia) but I was also accepted to T10 School (Michigan/Penn). I have not been offered any grants/scholarships from either school. I will apply for need-based aid but I probably will not receive any. Is it possible to use my T4 acceptance to gain some money (I'm talking a small amount) from the T10 school? Please help me out with this.

EdmundBurke23

Re: How to use a T4 acceptance to sway a T10 school?

Postby EdmundBurke23 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:12 am

Criticism is underway..... I can see a lot of people biting on you on this post.

(T4 = TTTT, NYU is ranked #5 so it's not tied with CLS, using "T4" makes it seem like you were admitted to NYU but tried to associate yourself with the prestige of Columbia). T6 is the way to go.

nimhnimh

Postby nimhnimh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:34 am

EdmundBurke23 wrote:Criticism is underway..... I can see a lot of people biting on you on this post.

(T4 = TTTT, NYU is ranked #5 so it's not tied with CLS, using "T4" makes it seem like you were admitted to NYU but tried to associate yourself with the prestige of Columbia). T6 is the way to go.

Sorry for that. I was accepted to both NYU and Columbia. Sorry for the confusion everyone.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:40 am

If M/P offered you some money, then you could take that to C/N and ask them to match it. Otherwise no, M/P isn't going to offer you money just because you got into C/N.

Return to “Financial Aid”