Scholarship at WashU vs Sticker at NYU

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
mockstar

Scholarship at WashU vs Sticker at NYU

Postby mockstar » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:38 pm

So I know these questions pop up all the time, and I never thought I'd be asking one and yet here I am.
Here's the situation. I'm in at NYU, visiting at the end of March. I applied for the RTK but doubt I'm going to get it. I'm also in at WashU and just found out today that I've received almost a full scholarship. I am still waiting to hear from some other top schools (Michigan, Penn, HLS, Yale) but am not really counting on them.
Now, if I can afford to pay sticker at NYU without loans or anything, is it worth it to shell out a few 100K and go there over almost a fully scholly at WashU? That is, is NYU that much of a better school, would my job prospects be that much better, etc.? This is all assuming I like both the same (haven't visited either yet). Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer my silly question :-P

im_blue

Re: Scholarship at WashU vs Sticker at NYU

Postby im_blue » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:52 pm

I vote for NYU. See: this thread (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109049), in which people would take Michigan at sticker over a WUSTL full ride.

scribelaw

Postby scribelaw » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:57 pm

NYU. This isn't a close call.

mockstar

Postby mockstar » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:04 am

Alrighty, I will definitely take those opinions (and that thread) into consideration. Thanks!

DOOM

Postby DOOM » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:06 am

NYU.

Return to “Financial Aid”