Declaring Parent Income on FAFSA

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.

Declaring Parent Income on FAFSA

Postby insertclevernamehere » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi all -

This is probably a question for a financial aid office employee but I am having a hard time getting a response from my email.

The question is: some of the schools I applied to (UNC, UGA) do not seem to require the disclosure of parental income and assests on the FAFSA but GW does for people born before 1981. Right now, due to my low-paying public interest employment, my contribution is only around $10,000. However, obviously when I include my parents information for GW that number is going to skyrocket. Do you know if schools parse this information out or am I screwed by changing my FAFSA for Gdubbs?

edits to clarify what I meant, It has been a long day...

Re: Declaring Parent Income on FAFSA

Postby ccs224 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:39 pm

Same prob. What you need to do is complete the FAFSA w/o parental information for all schools that don't require it, wait until you have confirmed that it's been sent to them, go back and edit it, removing all schools but GW and adding parental information.

Return to “Financial Aid”