Pepperdine Scholarships

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.

Pepperdine Scholarships

Postby atfarmer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:18 am

Hey guys, I'm thinking of dropping off an app for Pepperdine, but I noticed that their priority deadline has already passed (it was Feb 1st) and only their final dealine of April first remains. As my attendance would be contingent on scholarship money (I flat out can't afford 40k/year + malibu living), I was wondering if there's even a point to applying? Do they give out scholarship money after their priority deadline or are they done? I noticed that the Chancellor's Scholarship deadline has already passed...

Re: Pepperdine Scholarships

Postby agentcom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:28 pm

I loved Pepperdine. It's beautiful; I know a faculty member; I had an awesome time visiting. And you pay for all of it. Considering their ranking, it is a very expensive school to go to. They do give out a decent amount of scholarship money but a lot of it goes to early applicants (in fairness, same is true in many places) and it doesn't come close to making up for the pricyness of the area (the same is not true of other places). If money is a consideration, you probably won't be happy with what you have to pay at Pepperdine compared to peer or even higher ranking schools.

Return to “Financial Aid”