Financial Aid or Loan for Tuition Deposit

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
PlugInBaby

Financial Aid or Loan for Tuition Deposit

Postby PlugInBaby » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:45 am

I haven't been able to get a job since I got my bachelor's and my family is treading water financially...must the tuition deposit be out of pocket or can financial aid or loans cover it?

sirchristaylor

Re: Financial Aid or Loan for Tuition Deposit

Postby sirchristaylor » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:49 am

PlugInBaby wrote:I haven't been able to get a job since I got my bachelor's and my family is treading water financially...must the tuition deposit be out of pocket or can financial aid or loans cover it?

You should contact the school directly to explain your situation. They have likely come across similar situations in the past and devised a policy related thereto.

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:24 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:I haven't been able to get a job since I got my bachelor's and my family is treading water financially...must the tuition deposit be out of pocket or can financial aid or loans cover it?

Hey I just got my bachelors in June and yeah the job market sucks. I work at a call center now for 12.50hr and I know they are always hiring. You may want to check some of those out.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:19 am

Doritos wrote:

Hey I just got my bachelors in June and yeah the job market sucks. I work at a call center now for 12.50hr and I know they are always hiring. You may want to check some of those out.

I've been trying to get into one of those for a while. Despite having over three years of phone experience, a lot of the places around here specifically want call center experience. In addition, I am totally jaded about sales and it really does tend to come through.

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:27 am

Become a plasma salesman. $200-$300 by April 1, almost guaranteed. Plus, free O.J. and cookies.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:42 am

ozarkhack wrote:Become a plasma salesman. $200-$300 by April 1, almost guaranteed. Plus, free O.J. and cookies.

Gonna need $750 for Chicago-Kent...in addition I hate the personal questions they ask in those things.

I would like some serious replies as well, could I use any financial aid packages toward the tuition deposit?

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:51 am

PlugInBaby wrote:
ozarkhack wrote:Become a plasma salesman. $200-$300 by April 1, almost guaranteed. Plus, free O.J. and cookies.

Gonna need $750 for Chicago-Kent...in addition I hate the personal questions they ask in those things.

I would like some serious replies as well, could I use any financial aid packages toward the tuition deposit?

Not to belabor the point, but the school decides that answer.

baboon309

Postby baboon309 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:56 am

sirchristaylor wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:

Not to belabor the point, but the school decides that answer.

Why dont you borrow $$$ from prosper.com.

It`s just $750
You can pay off the loans once you receive your student loans

Return to “Financial Aid”