Which Schools require Need Acceess?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
kickincane21

Which Schools require Need Acceess?

Postby kickincane21 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Probably a question answered elsewhere but I couldn't locate. I finally filed my taxes yesterday and completed my FAFSA yesterday....now what?? I've heard a lot about a Need Access form, what is that, and do all schools require it?

I am applying to UF, Wake, George Mason, American, Cardozo, Pepperdine, Loyola LA, and San Diego.

Do I just need to contact all financial aid departments independently and ask?

dakatz

Re: Which Schools require Need Acceess?

Postby dakatz » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:23 pm

lawyering

Postby lawyering » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Two things:

1) You should be looking at the exact financial aid requirements of each school for which you want to be considered for need-based aid. It's quite easy to find them on their websites, or you can google "UF financial aid" etc to go directly there.

2) If you go to http://www.NeedAccess.org/participating-schools.htm, it actually lists the schools that require Need Access. But even so, see #1.

kickincane21

Postby kickincane21 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Thank you both for your prompt reply. The only school listed is American which sucks because it means I have to go through all the hassle I hear the Need Access is (fighting with my parents about getting their tax info) and pay the processing fee just for one school, which I hear isn't that generous to begin with.

But I will also check each schools financial aid page as you suggested to make sure others don't require it.

Return to “Financial Aid”