Range of Schools for Scholarship Negotiation

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Pearalegal

Range of Schools for Scholarship Negotiation

Postby Pearalegal » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:20 pm

I'm looking to negotiate with Notre Dame. What range of ranks should I reference to as places that have given more mo' money but who I have mo' problems with?

sckon

Re: Range of Schools for Scholarship Negotiation

Postby sckon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Pearalegal wrote:I'm looking to negotiate with Notre Dame. What range of ranks should I reference to as places that have given more mo' money but who I have mo' problems with?

Having negotiated with ND the lowest I would go is Iowa. Stay somewhat regional when mentioning schools. .....I dont know if that helps.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:30 pm

Thanks! I was thinking about throwing in one of the schools that gave me more money that is similarly ranked near my parents hometown to bring up the traveling costs. Bad idea? Saw it in an example letter somewhere.

sckon

Postby sckon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:33 pm

Pearalegal wrote:Thanks! I was thinking about throwing in one of the schools that gave me more money that is similarly ranked near my parents hometown to bring up the traveling costs. Bad idea? Saw it in an example letter somewhere.

Didnt think of that. .....worth a shot. I would make the letter 80% what you like about ND and 20% financial crap. It worked for me, although I am a horrible sample size and got only a modest increase.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:39 pm

Modest would be fine with me.

Return to “Financial Aid”