parent income for individual schools' financial aid

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
lawgal2010

parent income for individual schools' financial aid

Postby lawgal2010 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:08 pm

does anyone know at what point parent income is too high to affect an applicant's chances for a school's need-based financial aid? 100,000? higher? lower?

i know it doesn't affect FAFSA in any way, but how does it affect need-based financial aid for individual schools?

Re: parent income for individual schools' financial aid

Postby 09042014 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:09 pm

Northwestern doesn't factor it in at all. Though I think its rather unusual in that respect.

lawgal2010

Postby lawgal2010 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:24 pm

that sounds pretty out of the ordinary. i know the schools that i am applying to--cornell, fordham, bc and bu--make you report

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:58 am

On point to the OP:
From what I understand we dont have to report parent income because we are going to grad school. BUT I look at some schools finaid websites and they say they require it.

1. Should we just go ahead and provide parental info and send to all schools (much easier)?
2. Or should we not send it to the schools that dont require it (will it affect aid in any way)?

What have you guys done?

Thanks

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:16 pm

pleasetryagain wrote:On point to the OP:
From what I understand we dont have to report parent income because we are going to grad school. BUT I look at some schools finaid websites and they say they require it.

1. Should we just go ahead and provide parental info and send to all schools (much easier)?
2. Or should we not send it to the schools that dont require it (will it affect aid in any way)?

What have you guys done?

Thanks

even if you provide parent info on the FAFSA, most schools have their own financial aid forms/process that you have to complete. they usually ask for parental info it seems.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:10 pm

englawyer wrote:
pleasetryagain wrote:On point to the OP:

What have you guys done?

Thanks

even if you provide parent info on the FAFSA, most schools have their own financial aid forms/process that you have to complete. they usually ask for parental info it seems.

Also there is the need access requirement for many schools. They tell you to put your rents' info on there.

Return to “Financial Aid”