Lawyers in Int'l NGOs

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.

Lawyers in Int'l NGOs

Postby cr073137 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:05 pm

I want to work for the UN organization such as the WTO, UNDP, etc. Its hard to tell who much those institutions care about "the ranking" of the school you went to. I guess that once you are out of the top 10, schools abroad are hardly known besides for being "a good school".

So I'm thinking that for employment opportunities, where I graduate from will not matter that much. The only problem is that I would like to teach in a future law (when im 50 or so) and most of my professors say that to teach in a good school, they care a lot where you graduated from.

I would like to work a few years in the US (especially if i have loans to pay) to save some money and get experience before I attempt to get a job with an int'l NGO.

Taking all of this into account, is it worth it to go to lets say Vandi/UCLA/WUST and pay close to sticker, over T2 schools such as Kent, Depaul, etc, with a full ride?

Joga Bonito

Re: Lawyers in Int'l NGOs

Postby Joga Bonito » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:21 pm

it is better to go to the vandy/ucla/wustl.

Return to “Financial Aid”