FAFSA 10+ school question, with a twist

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
askhos

FAFSA 10+ school question, with a twist

Postby askhos » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:30 pm

I too am having difficulty in figuring out how to submit more than 10 schools for the FAFSA.

From what I understand, this is how the procedure seems to work:
1. You fill out your FAFSA with 10 schools, and submit it.
2. Wait until you receive your Student Aid Report (SAR), which takes a few days.
3. Once you have your SAR, correct your FAFSA by deleting x number (between and including 1 to 10) of the original schools you listed and replacing them with the remaining x schools you couldn't post the first time. Once your new SAR comes in, you're done.
4. If you have more than 20 schools, repeat steps 1-3 until you get all of the schools listed.

Now, supposing the procedure above is correct, what do you do if you have this additional situation included?
The financial information you originally listed on the FAFSA is only an estimate, and won't be completely accurate until your taxes are completed.

Do you then go back and repeat the same procedure above all over again with the new financial information?

Nat1018

Re: FAFSA 10+ school question, with a twist

Postby Nat1018 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:06 pm

I think so, you would submit corrections to your FAFSA with accurate financial info but keep the original 10 schools you listed the 1st time. Wait for your SAR report and then submit corrections again but only change your school list and keep repeating this process until your list every school you've applied to

askhos

Re: FAFSA 10+ school question, with a twist

Postby askhos » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Gross.

Return to “Financial Aid”