At what point is it pointless to apply for need based aid? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
jay115

Bronze

Re: At what point is it pointless to apply for need based aid?

Post by jay115 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:02 pm

a male human wrote:
a male human wrote:For schools that participate in Need Access (specifically Hastings and Davis), can I just submit the FAFSA only, instead of both FAFSA and Need Access? My EFC is around 15k because of the savings from my job, so I don't think I will qualify for any need-based aid.
If anyone was also wondering, the answer is "yes." I talked to Hastings, and the guy said Need Access isn't technically required, but it can't hurt (except the $30 fee) to try. If they only get my FAFSA, they will only consider me for federal aid. If anyone can confirm this, it would be appreciated.
UCLA requires both FAFSA and needaccess, but I think they only rely on the information provided by needaccess to determine financial aid gifts.

doinmybest

Bronze

Re: At what point is it pointless to apply for need based aid?

Post by doinmybest » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:48 am

groundkontrol wrote:Can someone tell me if financial aid offices take undergrad debt and loans into consideration? I owe a bunch for undergrad and grad school and combined with T14 tuition this is getting me worried.

Also, can we add in letters explaining things that might not be apparent from our tax returns such as an upcoming divorce or undergrad loans like I mentioned above?
Wow dude, and here I was worried about taking out 175,000 for a T14. I hope they help you out some.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”