Harvard - How much will I pay each year?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
joe1424

Harvard - How much will I pay each year?

Postby joe1424 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:28 pm

I'm a 3.8/172 student with moderate chances of getting in, but let's assume (for whatever reason) that I am admitted. About how much of that $70,000 will I be paying each year (including loans, but excluding scholarships and grants)? Can anyone attending Harvard fill me in on how much they're paying?

Let's assume a family income of $100-150k back home (in Canada). Let us also assume I have no assets.

Inygma

Re: Harvard - How much will I pay each year?

Postby Inygma » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:16 pm

joe1424 wrote:I'm a 3.8/172 student with moderate chances of getting in, but let's assume (for whatever reason) that I am admitted. About how much of that $70,000 will I be paying each year (including loans, but excluding scholarships and grants)? Can anyone attending Harvard fill me in on how much they're paying?

Let's assume a family income of $100-150k back home (in Canada). Let us also assume I have no assets.

You'll be paying -----------> It doesn't matter what you'll be paying, you're going to Harvard

booboo

Postby booboo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Inygma wrote:
joe1424 wrote:I'm a 3.8/172 student with moderate chances of getting in, but let's assume (for whatever reason) that I am admitted. About how much of that $70,000 will I be paying each year (including loans, but excluding scholarships and grants)? Can anyone attending Harvard fill me in on how much they're paying?

You'll be paying -----------> It doesn't matter what you'll be paying, you're going to Harvard

Sorry... but this was TCR.

joe1424

Postby joe1424 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:14 am

Erm, okay, but is there no estimate of what I can anticipate in terms of costs? I'm going back to work in Canada, so I won't be pulling in the big bucks relative to firms in NY or LA...

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:53 am

Hmm.. you'll have to ask the Harvard 1ls for better estimates, but probably with that family income you'll have to pay a substantial proportion of the 70K each year.

However, if you are set to work in Canada, isn't the smartest option just to attend U of T??

Return to “Financial Aid”