Internation Student F1

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
islandchica

Internation Student F1

Postby islandchica » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:04 pm

hi,
Are there any international students in this forum? If so, which schools are best for receiving scholarships or will help students getting funding?

Luis Gomez

Re: Internation Student F1

Postby Luis Gomez » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:57 pm

Hi,
I am an international student from Mexico. So far I have several full tuition scholarships, unlike the Masters program (I got into every school but didn't get any scholarships, plus the degree is kind of useless,) the law schools fund the J.D students extensively and do not discriminate against international students.

It will all depend on your LSAT score and UGPA, like in the case of any other student.

islandchica

Postby islandchica » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:41 am

hi
thanks for your response.... which school are u attending? are u specializing in any specific area of law?

Luis Gomez

Postby Luis Gomez » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:29 pm

islandchica wrote:hi
thanks for your response.... which school are u attending? are u specializing in any specific area of law?

I still don't know which law school to attend. As of know I am intersted in private international law. I would like to work in issues between Mexico and the U.S. since I would be licensed in both nations. But I might change my mind during law school in the U.S.

Good luck when you decide to apply and Hppy New Year.

islandchica

Postby islandchica » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:38 am

Happy New Year to u too!!!!
2010 is goin to be a AWESOME year>>>

I am thinking of internation law or tax law as i want to go back to my country(Jamaica) as well but first i have to get pass the LSAT :roll:
what score did u get? and how did u prepare?

Luis Gomez

Postby Luis Gomez » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:34 pm

I got a 166 which was pretty good for me. I studied almost three months. During the last month I did several paractice tests realeased by LSAC which had the answers explained by Kaplan. Since I couldn't buy them in Mexico I searched for them on the internet. :lol:

Those specializations are very good options, an LLM might be enough but I would advice you to take the LSAT and go for a J.D. Good luck with the test as it is paramount for admissions and scholarships.

islandchica

Postby islandchica » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:47 pm

I am planning on taking the test in June......I found a three month preparation guid on here tht i will be following. I was thinking about doin the Kaplan class but its so expensive. Any study tips?

Cale39

Postby Cale39 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Does anyone have any further information on funding sources for international (F1) students? Ie. what loans are out there? I won't be able to even borrow money for school if I can't find a loan which lends to F1 students. Has anyone gone through this process before? I am going to meet with the Financial Aid office at the school I will likely attend but just wanted to throw the question out there.

Thanks!

Return to “Financial Aid”