OTHER PUERTO RICANS IN THIS CYCLE?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
pjog

Re: OTHER PUERTO RICANS IN THIS CYCLE?

Postby pjog » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:20 pm

HOLA! Yep, my cycle is going a lot better than expected and I'm gonna say it's cuz these schools know they need more boricua's :)

Mathis

Postby Mathis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

Female Puerto Rican here. Wanted to see how everyone is doing? I've been accepted to Cardozo with a very generous scholarship for being the first in my family to attend college and apply to law school. Waitlisted at columbia, and still waiting on a few others.

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:53 pm

I'm part Portugese, but people often think that's a fancy way of saying I'm from Puerto Rico. Does that count?
Last edited by AngryAvocado on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

CG614

Postby CG614 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:23 pm

Mathis wrote:Hi Everyone,

Female Puerto Rican here. Wanted to see how everyone is doing? I've been accepted to Cardozo with a very generous scholarship for being the first in my family to attend college and apply to law school. Waitlisted at columbia, and still waiting on a few others.

Congrats! You from NYC? Good luck with your other schools!

Mathis

Postby Mathis » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:30 am

CG614 wrote:

Yep, NYC. Are you as well?

CG614

Postby CG614 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:15 am

Mathis wrote:
CG614 wrote:

I am from Staten Island, but live in DC/VA/MD area now. I will most likely be moving back this fall though. I am debating between Columbia and NYU now. Which is a fortunate debate to have, I realize. Good luck with the rest of your cycle!

Ghost Writer

Postby Ghost Writer » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:45 am

CG614 wrote:
Mathis wrote:
CG614 wrote:

I am from Staten Island, but live in DC/VA/MD area now. I will most likely be moving back this fall though. I am debating between Columbia and NYU now. Which is a fortunate debate to have, I realize. Good luck with the rest of your cycle!

These are some great choices!!! What type of law are you looking to practice? This will greatly influence your decision. Also are the aid packages similar?

CG614

Postby CG614 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Hola Amigos!
The end of this cycle is fast approaching, how is it going for all? Have you all decided on where you are going? I will be at CLS this fall. Excited!

Sakura3210

Postby Sakura3210 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:50 am

CG614 wrote:Hola Amigos!
The end of this cycle is fast approaching, how is it going for all? Have you all decided on where you are going? I will be at CLS this fall. Excited!

As of now it's NYU, though I'm still holding out hope that I may get pulled off the Harvard or Columbia waitlists :)

DorianGray89

Postby DorianGray89 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:27 am

Bump. Where did everyone end up? Stats? Going to apply for this upcoming cycle

towkthi

Postby towkthi » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:31 am

Yeah I'm curious where everyone ended up and numbers

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”