CLEO 2010 Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
SportsFanatic

Bronze

Re: CLEO 2010

Post by SportsFanatic » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:12 pm

tgt007 wrote:Get ready for an exhausting first week. We're only two days in and I'm so tired. They are going to keep you guys really busy!
Oh man!! Can you give details? I have a feeling it's going to be insane.

YourExcellence-ness

New

Post by YourExcellence-ness » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:59 am

Got roommate assignments today.. I am sure these are all great people but can we at least have our own bedroom.. I'm sure that they have more than enough room SMDH!!!!

YourExcellence-ness

New

Post by YourExcellence-ness » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:00 am

tgt007 wrote:Get ready for an exhausting first week. We're only two days in and I'm so tired. They are going to keep you guys really busy!
YEA.. PLEASE GIVE US DETAILS!!!

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:08 am

YourExcellence-ness wrote:Got roommate assignments today.. I am sure these are all great people but can we at least have our own bedroom.. I'm sure that they have more than enough room SMDH!!!!
I'm not too worried about the roommates, but suite mates!! 4 people sharing one bathroom is a bit much. I'm sure we will be so busy that will be the least of are worries.

Jay-Electronica

Bronze

Post by Jay-Electronica » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:18 am

:shock:

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:00 am

hahahaha - my thoughts exactly. Ridiculous.

Allsmiles08

New

Post by Allsmiles08 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:19 pm

LOTS of work, combined with LOTS of extra sessions that include guest speakers etc= No sleep and no free time. However, this is a great group of CLEO students, so everyone is kind and supportive (atleast thus far lol),the faculty here is great, and the speakers have been extremely resourceful. FIU is a beautiful campus with colorful buildings and palm trees everywhere, and Miami is a great city so it helps. Be ready to work your butt off though! Be humbled, overconfidence is not really celebrated in the classroom. It's good to speak up and clearly, but if you think you can possibly impress or outsmart the professor on your first few days, you will be sadly mistaken. But yes, be ready to work work work!!!! They WILL throw you right in on the first day. Note: the first day is orientation because you will already be put to work! And lastly...get...ready...for...Ms.....WILLIAMS...That's an experience! She is an AMAZING woman though, and we should all feel lucky to have been in contact with her! Good luck!

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Thanks for providing great feedback.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”