CLEO 2010

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
kimmie

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby kimmie » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Trelawny, have you been accepted to any other schools? If not, I think you should consider the program. I remember you mentioning earlier how the program would truly help you so don't miss out on the opportunity just because you have to committ to a school. I had to do the same thing and it turns out that the school is my best option....Best wishes

Trelawny wrote:I got accepted into cleo. Not sure that I would like to attend because I have to sign that I will attend the school that nominated me in order to complete the program.

SportsFanatic

Postby SportsFanatic » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:23 pm

kimmie wrote:I'm so excited! I'm driving down, will anyone else be doing the same?

I will be flying, just waiting to make arrangements until we get more word from Mrs. Williams. I believe the acceptance letter explicitly said do not buy plane tickets until you have further word from her. Speaking of, did the people going to Missouri receive the email today? We're getting close!!!

DGrayLaw2010

Postby DGrayLaw2010 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:05 pm

so i applied to cleo back in January and got that email in March saying that they were submitting information to schools I listed on the app for a nomination and I havent heard anything else since... is it safe to say I'm not getting in ? Should I try to call email ... or would that be to no avail? I've been waitlisted at my top choice and was hoping that participation in cleo would help me get in.

JDO

Postby JDO » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Hello Everyone,

I just paid the 2Gs to attend. I am now hungry after dinner time...

I'm filling out a form to fax back to CLEO and it asks if I would like placement assistance. I would like help getting into a better school but I am already admitted to a law school. What did you guys mark, and under what circumstances?

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:24 am

CLEO snail-mailed out what looks like one of its final batches of decision "letters" yesterday and today. I have heard that people have been accepted via e-mail, so I am thinking snail-mail = bad news. I also wonder what CLEO does with people whose numbers are much better than average for CLEO applicants. My LSAT and GPA are better than most; yet I somehow get the feeling that this works against me.
Last edited by PDaddy on Tue May 11, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

futurecda

Postby futurecda » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm

DGrayLaw2010 wrote:so i applied to cleo back in January and got that email in March saying that they were submitting information to schools I listed on the app for a nomination and I havent heard anything else since... is it safe to say I'm not getting in ? Should I try to call email ... or would that be to no avail? I've been waitlisted at my top choice and was hoping that participation in cleo would help me get in.

I applied around the same time as well, I have made several phone calls and sent several emails and have yet to receive an answer. I am not sure what to do anymore because this has become a very stressful process. Some information from them would be helpful in order to make the neccessary arangements if we are in fact accepted.

DGrayLaw2010

Postby DGrayLaw2010 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:33 pm

futurecda wrote:
DGrayLaw2010 wrote:so i applied to cleo back in January and got that email in March saying that they were submitting information to schools I listed on the app for a nomination and I havent heard anything else since... is it safe to say I'm not getting in ? Should I try to call email ... or would that be to no avail? I've been waitlisted at my top choice and was hoping that participation in cleo would help me get in.

I applied around the same time as well, I have made several phone calls and sent several emails and have yet to receive an answer. I am not sure what to do anymore because this has become a very stressful process. Some information from them would be helpful in order to make the neccessary arangements if we are in fact accepted.

I called yesterday and I was told that they are still waiting for responses from schools for nominations and some students won't hear until the end of May. If I get accepted I will only go if it gets me off the waiting list at my top choice. Otherwise it would be too last minute to get everything together to go so last minute.

futurecda

Postby futurecda » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:03 pm

DGrayLaw2010 wrote:
futurecda wrote:

I called yesterday and I was told that they are still waiting for responses from schools for nominations and some students won't hear until the end of May. If I get accepted I will only go if it gets me off the waiting list at my top choice. Otherwise it would be too last minute to get everything together to go so last minute.

I agree, with letters coming in at the end of may does not realistically give anyone time to prepare to leave for 6 weeks. Hopefully we can hear something sooner rather than later.

centricisgreat1908

Postby centricisgreat1908 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:03 am

The FIU participants just received an email from Mrs. Williams regarding an "official" Facebook group that has been started by the director of our institute. I have to finish up things with my current job and move my entire life before June 6. So I am slightly overwhelmed, but thankful for this opportunity. I am still vacillating between two institutions, I have been admitted to one and have secured my seat, but wait-listed to the other. We will see what transpires! Good luck to all still waiting.

The Invisible Man

Postby The Invisible Man » Fri May 07, 2010 11:54 am

Is anybody doing the Attitude Is Essential program?

kimmie

Postby kimmie » Mon May 10, 2010 10:42 am

Hello everyone,

CLEO participants, it is getting close to that time! Florida crew, I hope you all will keep in touch and inform the Missouri crew of what's going on with you all since you will start a week before us, you all can let us know what to expect.

To the invisible man, I think most of us on this one are attending the six week summer program but good luck and let us know how your program goes.

I was calculating my expenses today and it seems I will save if I drive but on the CLEO- Missouri website, it is stated several times that we will not need a vehicle. They charge like $6 a week for parking which I don't think is bad. I have found only plane tickets for $500 or more but if I drive I will only spend like $180 for gas roundtrip. So, what do you all think?

kimmie

Postby kimmie » Mon May 10, 2010 10:44 am

It seems our chats are slowly fading....Let's keep it alive everyone

JDO

Postby JDO » Mon May 10, 2010 12:05 pm

I would rather fly so there is less stress during travel. Driving puts pressure on me and tires me out.

Decide soon though... The ticket is expensive and the prices will continue to increase...

YourExcellence-ness

Postby YourExcellence-ness » Mon May 10, 2010 10:48 pm

My Missouri Folks, Did yall peep that roommate survey? Most of those questions had nothing to do with selecting a compatible roommate! Also in this regard, I didnt think we would even have roommates BUMMER. I'm low key jealous of the FIU CLEO facebook fan page.. yall are on it. Yes CLEO FIU Keep is informed and we will surely do the same! We need a combined facebook group.. if for nothing more but to all meet.

kimmie

Postby kimmie » Tue May 11, 2010 9:19 am

I must say, I did not think we would have roommates either. I am not disappointed though because you never know, this may be just what we need for a support group. Also, at least they are letting us pick our own roommate if we wish. So, I say everyone let's meet up on Facebook and we can do more research on each other and pick roommates.

kimmie

Postby kimmie » Tue May 11, 2010 9:22 am

Thanks JDO for the advice. I am going to drive, I plan to pull out a day early and stop about half the way to rest for the night. Then I will do the remainder of the drive the next morning. It's only eight hours and my dad has always said I should have been a truck driver because I love to drive so hey who knows I might drive all the way Saturday and just get a room until Sunday morning.

JDO wrote:I would rather fly so there is less stress during travel. Driving puts pressure on me and tires me out.

Decide soon though... The ticket is expensive and the prices will continue to increase...

Prezee

Postby Prezee » Wed May 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Is anyone still waiting to hear from CLEO regarding acceptance/denial? I emailed and called but havent received an answer and I must say I'm not happy with the level of communication they have provided. The program is close to a week away and no answer. I have postponed my summer plans and have missed several education opportunities waiting while waiting for a reply.

R4NDM H3RO

Postby R4NDM H3RO » Wed May 26, 2010 4:10 pm

The Invisible Man wrote:Is anybody doing the Attitude Is Essential program?

I am attending. I already mailed out my money order and waiting for a confirmation email.

lawman2010

Postby lawman2010 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:08 pm

Does anyone know if CLEO qualifies one for an in-school deferment of student loans?

Allsmiles08

Postby Allsmiles08 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:50 am

Just saw the FIU Housing. It's apartment style dorms with a kitchen and living room. 4bedroom singles with 2 bathrooms each. Not bad. All the FIU attendees are already getting connected, I'm excited! The Dean joined our group and that's pretty funny. She seems really kind and helpful though. Our program starts this Sunday. Wow!

JDO

Postby JDO » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Lawman: I would not think so because you will not be enrolled as a student. I have a scholarship that I could not access early because the program was seen as something I am doing on my own.

Allsmiles: Wow. I'm excited for you. Keep us all posted! Can't wait until we start at Missouri!

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:23 pm

Sorry this is all I can think about when I see this thread

--ImageRemoved--

tgt007

Postby tgt007 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:32 am

Leaving for Miami tomorrow morning. CLEO, South Beach, FIU, and surrounding areas be ready!

kimmie

Postby kimmie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:18 pm

tgt007 wrote:Leaving for Miami tomorrow morning. CLEO, South Beach, FIU, and surrounding areas be ready!

Please keep us posted tgt007.....Missouri's crew, we only have a week to go!

tgt007

Postby tgt007 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:58 pm

Get ready for an exhausting first week. We're only two days in and I'm so tired. They are going to keep you guys really busy!

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”