CLEO 2010

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
tgt007
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:12 am

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby tgt007 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:37 pm

Lets follow last years attendees and set-up a facebook group for the attendees of this years CLEO Summer admits.

We should probably differeniate between the two.. Miami and Mizzou

User avatar
JDO
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby JDO » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:53 pm

Hello Everyone,

I also received a rejection letter stating "Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to offer you a seat..." However, they are helping me find a school to nominate me to participate in the program. Additionally, they state that a nomination is required to place me in law school after completing the summer program.

Are people receiving the same rejection letter? Does this mean that if I am accepted to a law school (or nominated by a law school) then I am accepted into the program? If I am accepted to CLEO, is it likely that I will need to pay the full price although I applied under economically disadvantaged?

Everyone's questions get answered on this site, so I just want to thank you in advance!

-JDO

biobuslaw
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby biobuslaw » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:22 pm

JDO wrote:Hello Everyone,

I also received a rejection letter stating "Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to offer you a seat..." However, they are helping me find a school to nominate me to participate in the program. Additionally, they state that a nomination is required to place me in law school after completing the summer program.

Are people receiving the same rejection letter? Does this mean that if I am accepted to a law school (or nominated by a law school) then I am accepted into the program? If I am accepted to CLEO, is it likely that I will need to pay the full price although I applied under economically disadvantaged?

Everyone's questions get answered on this site, so I just want to thank you in advance!

-JDO

Good questions. I can't answer them, but you may want to ask CLEO about the second one.

legalized
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:45 am

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby legalized » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:23 pm

I applied for the ASAP program, haven't seen word back yet. What program are you guys talking about that you're receiving rejections for already? Cause the deadline for the one I applied for is April 1.

User avatar
JDO
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby JDO » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:44 am

The Six Week Summer Institute

tgt007
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:12 am

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby tgt007 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:41 pm

For all those already accepted, are you more inclined to drive or fly?

kimmie
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby kimmie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:14 am

Hey,
Has anyone else received any acceptance letters from CLEO? I really hope I hear back from them soon because the deadline for another conditional admission program that I was accepted to is approaching......

User avatar
FabAniesia
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby FabAniesia » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Hey you guys!!! I just got my email that they received everything so I'm in the waiting pool.. I know I know.. last minute.. I was in a class for the LSAT so I was in a one track mind. We shall see though.. I see some folks already got answers back so perhaps maybe they will have a seat for little ol' me! :shock:

YourExcellence-ness
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby YourExcellence-ness » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:35 pm

In at Missouri.. I am excited though I was honestly hoping for Miami. Does anyone know what to expect, specifically in regard to the living arrangements? In past program years that have taken place of the campus of MU participants have stayed in "Discovery Residence Hall" which looks like your standard dorm.. with most units having 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms and 2 beds per room. Do you think we are likely to have roomates or just unit/suit mates?.. I pray for the latter!

tgt007
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:12 am

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby tgt007 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Paid in full... headed to Miami.

Also set up facebook groups for each location.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/create.p ... 528&ref=mf
2010 CLEO Six Week Summer Institute - Missouri

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3 ... 198&ref=nf
2010 CLEO Six Week Summer Institute - FIU

User avatar
JDO
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby JDO » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Are people receiving the same rejection letter? Does this mean that if I am accepted to a law school (or nominated by a law school) then I am accepted into the program? If I am accepted to CLEO, is it likely that I will need to pay the full price although I applied under economically disadvantaged?

Everyone's questions get answered on this site, so I just want to thank you in advance!

-JDO


I'll answer some of my own questions... I called today and they said that if a law school submits a nomination for me to participate in CLEO's summer program, then I am accepted. So, I'm excited to apply for Cooley, Thomas Jefferson, and Florida Coastal (which is saying that I am pre-approved?). If I am rejected from one of the higher ranked schools I applied to, and if I am accepted into CLEO and do well, I can ask for the school to reconsider my application.

As far as the price, I am not sure what I would pay if I was accepted to CLEO. I was told whatever I qualified for I would pay that price... but people on TLS are saying that they were accepted and applied for low-income, but need to pay full price.

Lastly, is anyone receiving a rejection letter similar to mine that specifically states that they are rejected "at this time."

Thanks

YourExcellence-ness
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby YourExcellence-ness » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:58 pm

Im just upset that I wont be in Miami this summer! On the other hand.. I will be more likely to better concentrate at Mizzou.. in the middle of nowhere! SMH

YourExcellence-ness
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby YourExcellence-ness » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:00 pm

YourExcellence-ness wrote:In at Missouri.. I am excited though I was honestly hoping for Miami. Does anyone know what to expect, specifically in regard to the living arrangements? In past program years that have taken place of the campus of MU participants have stayed in "Discovery Residence Hall" which looks like your standard dorm.. with most units having 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms and 2 beds per room. Do you think we are likely to have roomates or just unit/suit mates?.. I pray for the latter!


Come on CLEO lets talk!

kimmie
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby kimmie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:00 pm

I cannot really answer your question but I wanted to say that Florida Coastal and Charlotte sent me an email as well telling me that I am pre-approved but I don't think they will nominate you (or me) for the CLEO program because they are recruiting people to do their conditional program. The program is a much higher cost so I declined their offer.

Did they offer you the same program (AAMPLE I think it's called)?


JDO wrote:
Are people receiving the same rejection letter? Does this mean that if I am accepted to a law school (or nominated by a law school) then I am accepted into the program? If I am accepted to CLEO, is it likely that I will need to pay the full price although I applied under economically disadvantaged?

Everyone's questions get answered on this site, so I just want to thank you in advance!

-JDO


I'll answer some of my own questions... I called today and they said that if a law school submits a nomination for me to participate in CLEO's summer program, then I am accepted. So, I'm excited to apply for Cooley, Thomas Jefferson, and Florida Coastal (which is saying that I am pre-approved?). If I am rejected from one of the higher ranked schools I applied to, and if I am accepted into CLEO and do well, I can ask for the school to reconsider my application.

As far as the price, I am not sure what I would pay if I was accepted to CLEO. I was told whatever I qualified for I would pay that price... but people on TLS are saying that they were accepted and applied for low-income, but need to pay full price.

Lastly, is anyone receiving a rejection letter similar to mine that specifically states that they are rejected "at this time."

Thanks

kimmie
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby kimmie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:00 pm

We are in the waiting pool together it seems

FabAniesia wrote:Hey you guys!!! I just got my email that they received everything so I'm in the waiting pool.. I know I know.. last minute.. I was in a class for the LSAT so I was in a one track mind. We shall see though.. I see some folks already got answers back so perhaps maybe they will have a seat for little ol' me! :shock:

centricisgreat1908
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby centricisgreat1908 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:53 pm

I received a letter on yesterday stating I had been admitted to the CLEO 2010 Summer Institute. I am very excited about this opportunity, but it came as a surprise because I received a message on January 29 stating that "at this time, we are not able to offer your admissions...." What is particularly challenging about the entire thing is that I am expected to pay the full amount by March 25. I asked if I could pay it on April 1 and was told no. I am attempting to find ways to come up with the funds now because i know this could really benefit me.
Last edited by centricisgreat1908 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JDO
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby JDO » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:04 pm

centricisgreat1908 wrote:I received a letter on yesterday stating I had been admitted to the CLEO 2010 Summer Institute. I am very excited about this opportunity, but it came as a surprise as because I received a message on January 29 stating that "at this time, we are not able to offer your admissions...." What is particularly challenging about the entire thing is that I am expected to pay the full amount by March 25. I asked if I could pay it on April 1 and was told no. I am attempting to find ways to come up with the funds now because i know this could really benefit me.


That is great news. Yesterday, I received a second letter from CLEO saying that they will mail letters out to the law schools I applied to. The letter also said they would try to have the 80 seats filled by April. My guess is that they are filling those seats with the applicants who have already been admitted to law school.

How were your numbers? Have you already been admitted somewhere?

centricisgreat1908
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby centricisgreat1908 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:24 pm

JDO wrote:
centricisgreat1908 wrote:I received a letter on yesterday stating I had been admitted to the CLEO 2010 Summer Institute. I am very excited about this opportunity, but it came as a surprise as because I received a message on January 29 stating that "at this time, we are not able to offer your admissions...." What is particularly challenging about the entire thing is that I am expected to pay the full amount by March 25. I asked if I could pay it on April 1 and was told no. I am attempting to find ways to come up with the funds now because i know this could really benefit me.


That is great news. Yesterday, I received a second letter from CLEO saying that they will mail letters out to the law schools I applied to. The letter also said they would try to have the 80 seats filled by April. My guess is that they are filling those seats with the applicants who have already been admitted to law school.

How were your numbers? Have you already been admitted somewhere?


My numbers were low with regards to the LSAT. I had been admitted to about four schools by the time I received the first letter from CLEO and was able to fax them copies of the acceptances as they requested in the initial letter. I am still waiting to hear back from some reach schools but I know i will be somewhere in the fall.

YourExcellence-ness
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby YourExcellence-ness » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:20 pm

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted.. and for those who are waiting dont lose hope. I have heard that people who were not initially admitted still have a great chance of getting in by April 1st. With CLEO demanding their money up front with no excuses I am sure many more spots will be open.

Does anyone know how CLEO goes about placing participants in their summer location? I am from the south.. much closer to Miami than I am to Missouri but I guess CLEO rather I purchase an expensive plane ticket than conveniently drive.

Where is everyone from?

centricisgreat1908
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby centricisgreat1908 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Between a few sources, I am going to CLEO this summer....I will post when I am paid in full and know my placement!!!

YAY!


Now its back to the waiting game for law schools admissions, I am still waiting to hear from Wake Forest, UGA and Ohio State. Oh I am from Memphis, TN but have been living on the east coast for four years.

YourExcellence-ness
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby YourExcellence-ness » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:54 pm

centricisgreat1908 wrote:Between a few sources, I am going to CLEO this summer....I will post when I am paid in full and know my placement!!!

YAY!


Now its back to the waiting game for law schools admissions, I am still waiting to hear from Wake Forest, UGA and Ohio State. Oh I am from Memphis, TN but have been living on the east coast for four years.


Congratulations on CLEO... I am waiting to hear from UGA as well. Too bad they are not CLEO affiliated. What Does your status checker from UGA read? Mine says something along the lines of "Your application has been reviewed and is being held for further review." The waiting game is not a fun one.

centricisgreat1908
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby centricisgreat1908 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:34 am

I am currently being held for further review at UGA, it is a long shot I know, but I am hopeful. If it doesn't work out I still have some great options. I just sent in my deposit for the Summer Institute this morning via certified mail. Do you find out your placement after you send in the deposit or when it is completed paid off?

kimmie
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby kimmie » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:14 am

For those that have not been accepted to CLEO yet, did you receive a status update from CLEO on last week?

User avatar
FabAniesia
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby FabAniesia » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:45 am

Yep got the status update. I think they are sending out the nominations next week.

YourExcellence-ness
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: CLEO 2010

Postby YourExcellence-ness » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:56 am

centricisgreat1908 wrote:I am currently being held for further review at UGA, it is a long shot I know, but I am hopeful. If it doesn't work out I still have some great options. I just sent in my deposit for the Summer Institute this morning via certified mail. Do you find out your placement after you send in the deposit or when it is completed paid off?


I really want to go to UGA, My other options are "ok" to say the very least. Yes.. After you send in your deposit you get your location via e-mail. My deadline to pay in-full is coming up early next week.. so I am overnighting the remaining amount today. I really hope this program is worth it. I have no idea what to expect.




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest