CLEO 2009

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
araiza99
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby araiza99 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:06 pm

mimijd wrote:
araiza99 wrote:
mimijd wrote:I got in, and I'm soooooo excited! :D Good Luck to everyone still waiting!


Congrats! What part of the country are you in?


Thanks tommy and araiza!!! I live in GA.


Cool, looks like the acceptances are reaching eastcoasters

I got my fingers crossed in the midwest :?

bonesinger
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby bonesinger » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:25 pm

im still waiting, i live in NY :(, on a side note, i got in st. johns with a 20k/yr scholly so I was happy about that :P

now to only do well on the feb lsat!

araiza99
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby araiza99 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:31 pm

bonesinger wrote:im still waiting, i live in NY :(, on a side note, i got in st. johns with a 20k/yr scholly so I was happy about that :P

now to only do well on the feb lsat!


Congrats! So far someone in the DC area and Georgia got their acceptances, you should get yours soon.

Is St. Johns your #1?

bonesinger
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby bonesinger » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:39 pm

I don't really have a no. 1 tbh.

If I had to pick one, and not regret ever going there. I'd say Fordham or George Washington. (both PT)

allenfa
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:42 am

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby allenfa » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:30 pm

I got the receipt of application letter last week, looks like i'm with some of you in the waiting room.

JahShawty
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:17 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby JahShawty » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:37 am

Congrats! Congrats. To those accepted to the summer program. This means if ppl from GA already got a response then FL is next on the map. I have my fingers crossed. Good luck to those waiting as I am myself. :lol:

OCLife
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:37 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby OCLife » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:37 pm

accepted. got letter today.

I'm in CA.

User avatar
J Boogie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby J Boogie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:00 pm

OCLife wrote:accepted. got letter today.

I'm in CA.


Congrats!!! That's amazing! I live in L.A. but I'm stuck at work...

araiza99
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby araiza99 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:12 pm

I got accepted today too!!! I'm in Kansas.

Looks like the letters are reaching all parts of the country so everyone else's should be arriving soon. How exciting. Now they need to tell us where we will be placed!

Keep me posted if you guys find out first.

User avatar
starlight007
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby starlight007 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:16 pm

congrats all!

User avatar
basetommyball
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:42 am

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby basetommyball » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:31 pm

Congrats everyone!

eman2611
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby eman2611 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:40 am

.....
Last edited by eman2611 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eman2611
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby eman2611 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:40 am

....
Last edited by eman2611 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laurenl
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:25 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby laurenl » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:17 am

i got in as well. i'm just not sure attending is the best choice for me. am i the only one who is stressed about coming up with $2000 before the end of feb? :shock: also, if i were to go...the institute is 6 weeks and my parents cannot and do not support me and i would have no money/income over the summer (b/c i have none saved...still a student and i've been paying my way thru school). yea, i really wanna go but part of me feels i should work to save money b4 law school and enjoy my last free summer. :(

Mayimbe
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:55 am

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby Mayimbe » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:06 pm

What's up guys! As you can see this is my first post on the forum but been visiting TLS as a guest for quite a while now. I'm curious, has anyone from NY gotten a response yet? The anxiety is killing me lol. And congrats to everyone thats been accepted...

araiza99
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby araiza99 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:22 pm

laurenl wrote:i got in as well. i'm just not sure attending is the best choice for me. am i the only one who is stressed about coming up with $2000 before the end of feb? :shock: also, if i were to go...the institute is 6 weeks and my parents cannot and do not support me and i would have no money/income over the summer (b/c i have none saved...still a student and i've been paying my way thru school). yea, i really wanna go but part of me feels i should work to save money b4 law school and enjoy my last free summer. :(


You might qualify for that discounted $200 fee.

bonesinger
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby bonesinger » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:05 pm

I live in NY, no news yet :(

User avatar
starlight007
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby starlight007 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:32 pm

in ny as well..no news either...maybe my essay didnt show how disadvantaged i am? :(

wraaaa
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:23 am

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby wraaaa » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:09 pm

also no news here and i'm in ny. does anyone have any insight into what they really look for in candidates?

araiza99
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby araiza99 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:14 pm

wraaaa wrote:also no news here and i'm in ny. does anyone have any insight into what they really look for in candidates?


Potential to succeed in law school?

wraaaa
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:23 am

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby wraaaa » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:26 pm

i mean how they make decisions on who to accept. i'm guessing most of their decision is on the personal statement you submit to them, rather than anything to do with your gpa or lsat right? what about urm status, is that important?

araiza99
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby araiza99 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:38 pm

wraaaa wrote:i mean how they make decisions on who to accept. i'm guessing most of their decision is on the personal statement you submit to them, rather than anything to do with your gpa or lsat right? what about urm status, is that important?


Probably your PS and LORs. URM status is important if you can't show some kind of disadvantage. There are some LSAT and GPA cutoffs but they are like 140 and 2.5.

bonesinger
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby bonesinger » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:45 pm

I am convinced that that the USPS has some conspiracy going on. theres no reason why all of us from NY haven't gotten our letters yet!

Mayimbe
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:55 am

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby Mayimbe » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:08 pm

bonesinger wrote:I am convinced that that the USPS has some conspiracy going on. theres no reason why all of us from NY haven't gotten our letters yet!



Either that or CLEO has something against New Yorkers lol. Either way this sucks...

bonesinger
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: CLEO 2009

Postby bonesinger » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:09 pm

nothing today :(




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aside and 1 guest