3.48 GPA/ Unknown LSAT/ Latino

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
mrroboto
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:20 am

3.48 GPA/ Unknown LSAT/ Latino

Postby mrroboto » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:29 am

What are my chances at a top law school? I still have 2 years of undergrad to go...can I make up time?

goansongo
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:19 am

Re: 3.48 GPA/ Unknown LSAT/ Latino

Postby goansongo » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:42 am

I'd say your chances are slim to none.

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: 3.48 GPA/ Unknown LSAT/ Latino

Postby vasiok » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:21 am

LSAT score weighs more then your 4 years in college. Without 168+ LSAT score you're not getting anywhere "top".

Mikey1
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: 3.48 GPA/ Unknown LSAT/ Latino

Postby Mikey1 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:16 am

vasiok wrote:LSAT score weighs more then your 4 years in college. Without 168+ LSAT score you're not getting anywhere "top".



When you say "top" you mean top 14?

ak9786
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: 3.48 GPA/ Unknown LSAT/ Latino

Postby ak9786 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:27 am

dont listen to people up here, everybody is unique, dont let anyone discourage you.............those 25-75 percent ranges are just ranges, there are plenty of people who get into top law schools under those 25 percent ranges.............so just do your best and dont give up, so i think you have a good shot from law schools from number 7-14 if you do reasonably well on your LSAT and if you are URM that will help

Mikey1
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: 3.48 GPA/ Unknown LSAT/ Latino

Postby Mikey1 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:36 am

ak9786 wrote:dont listen to people up here, everybody is unique, dont let anyone discourage you.............those 25-75 percent ranges are just ranges, there are plenty of people who get into top law schools under those 25 percent ranges.............so just do your best and dont give up, so i think you have a good shot from law schools from number 7-14 if you do reasonably well on your LSAT and if you are URM that will help


Latino, to me and others, means he is URM.

Either way, definitive answers like "you don't stand a chance" or "forget about it" are not helping you in the long run.

Like ak9786 said, give it your best shot.

libertarian
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:32 pm

Re: 3.48 GPA/ Unknown LSAT/ Latino

Postby libertarian » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:59 am

.
Last edited by libertarian on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrroboto
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:20 am

Re: 3.48 GPA/ Unknown LSAT/ Latino

Postby mrroboto » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:44 pm

Slim to none? You think that law school probabilities are based on the first 2 years? I was looking for constructive advice, not some ass-hole's comments.

Thanks to everyone else who said "give it your best shot." What the hell does that mean?

My real thank you is to those who gave me real advice. I understand the importance of the LSATs.


What about my GPA? If I can raised that to something closer to a 3.6, how much does that increase my chances?


And yes, I am a URM.

goansongo
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:19 am

Re: 3.48 GPA/ Unknown LSAT/ Latino

Postby goansongo » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:32 am

mrroboto wrote:Slim to none? You think that law school probabilities are based on the first 2 years? I was looking for constructive advice, not some ass-hole's comments.

Thanks to everyone else who said "give it your best shot." What the hell does that mean?

My real thank you is to those who gave me real advice. I understand the importance of the LSATs.


What about my GPA? If I can raised that to something closer to a 3.6, how much does that increase my chances?


And yes, I am a URM.


I only said slim to none because you didn't even list a range of what kind of LSAT score you'll be getting. It's like a high school student asking someone "I have a 3.48 GPA and unknown SAT scores. What colleges can I get into?" If you want some advice, provide more information, asshole.

anotherme
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:00 pm

Re: 3.48 GPA/ Unknown LSAT/ Latino

Postby anotherme » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:26 am

you are in your first two years?

good news your chances are GREAT
bad news your going to have to work your ass off and give up whatever you have to give up to make that GPA AT LEAST 3.6 AND then your going to have to get a wonderful LSAT score...so you have your work cut out..you cant just continue what ur doing and hope to get into harvard.

BiglawAmbitions
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 2:34 pm

Re: 3.48 GPA/ Unknown LSAT/ Latino

Postby BiglawAmbitions » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:51 pm

I would say get your GPA as close as you can to a 3.7, which if you are starting your third, you should be able to pull off provided you can average a 3.92+ over the course of your final two years (this is assuming that your course load will be relatively consistent to that of your first two years). I'm sure you already know this, but with a 3.48/166-- you're looking at WUSTL, ND, and maybe GW. A 3.7/166-- you can expand your search to the bottom portion of the T14.

FuturehoyaLawya
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:10 am

Re: 3.48 GPA/ Unknown LSAT/ Latino

Postby FuturehoyaLawya » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:02 am

you need a LSAT score, just focus on bringing your GPA up as high as you possibly can...then focus on the LSAT. 170++ will make you competitive for HYS.....and 162++ will make you competitive for most of the T14, especially if your PR or Mexican...if not, just forget about it:oops:

ecordoba
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:46 am

Re: 3.48 GPA/ Unknown LSAT/ Latino

Postby ecordoba » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:49 am

Hey all
I am currently doing research on Latinos and Lsat grades. I found this post and I know it's old but I was wondering how is it that you are able to see this information from the LSAC website. I seem to not have access to it.

Thanks




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kolikotime and 2 guests