AA Male 3.96 UGPA/166 LSAT/Current PhD Candidate

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
KENYADIGG1T

AA Male 3.96 UGPA/166 LSAT/Current PhD Candidate

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:28 pm

Current PhD candidate at Berkeley. My LSAT is my only weak spot. What are my chances at a H/Y/S? Also have (in my opinion) strong softs.

Future Ex-Engineer

Re: AA Male 3.96 UGPA/166 LSAT/Current PhD Candidate

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:37 pm

phd candidate doesn't matter. basically everyone thinks they have strong softs

http://www.mylsn.info
AA admissions are sometimes hard to predict, but IIRC, 166 AA gets you similar results to like a 173 (based off of looking through mylsn in the past).

I'd expect you at least get an interview at H, S/Y are always a mystery

Justtrying2help

Postby Justtrying2help » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:44 pm

You'd probably be a lock everywhere in the top 14 except Yale and Stanford (no one is a lock for these schools but you are close). Your PhD may make the admissions office ask some questions but you're numbers are strong. Black males in the annual URM thread got full scholarships (some with stipends) to top 13 law schools with your stats. Good luck op.

sparkytrainer

Postby sparkytrainer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Justtrying2help wrote:You'd probably be a lock everywhere in the top 14 except Yale and Stanford (no one is a lock for these schools but you are close). Your PhD may make the admissions office ask some questions but you're numbers are strong. Black males in the annual URM thread got full scholarships (some with stipends) to top 13 law schools with your stats. Good luck op.

Yeah I think if you want Y or S you should retake for some extra points. But otherwise enjoy your cycle!

KENYADIGG1T

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:33 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:
Justtrying2help wrote:You'd probably be a lock everywhere in the top 14 except Yale and Stanford (no one is a lock for these schools but you are close). Your PhD may make the admissions office ask some questions but you're numbers are strong. Black males in the annual URM thread got full scholarships (some with stipends) to top 13 law schools with your stats. Good luck op.

Yeah I think if you want Y or S you should retake for some extra points. But otherwise enjoy your cycle!

Retaking the LSAT this Sept and I have a realistic shot at a 170+. Wish me luck!

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”