Am I a URM???/Is___ race/circumstance considered URM??

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Andrewfromla818

Demographics help

Postby Andrewfromla818 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:50 am

I am applying to law school this cycle and for the demographics page on the application, it does not have my ethnicity. I heard it is a bad idea to check the box that says "Decline to respond". As messed up as this sounds, law schools want diverse students and affirmative action is real.

Im asking you guys what to check it. I am middle eastern, Persian. I am technically considered white/Caucasian, I was born here. But as far as my chances of getting into a better law school, what box should I check? " Decline to respond" or " White/Caucasian"

april_ludgate

Re: Demographics help

Postby april_ludgate » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:42 am

Andrewfromla818 wrote:I am applying to law school this cycle and for the demographics page on the application, it does not have my ethnicity. I heard it is a bad idea to check the box that says "Decline to respond". As messed up as this sounds, law schools want diverse students and affirmative action is real.

Im asking you guys what to check it. I am middle eastern, Persian. I am technically considered white/Caucasian, I was born here. But as far as my chances of getting into a better law school, what box should I check? " Decline to respond" or " White/Caucasian"

If you hit decline to respond they'll just assume you're white.

driggsbedford

Re: Demographics help

Postby driggsbedford » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:26 am

Seems like you answered you own question. You are Caucasian. You can check Caucasian, decline to reply, or lie. One of these three options is clearly wrong, you decide!

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”