What LSAT score would I need? What do you suggest? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lawschoolhopeful98

New

What LSAT score would I need? What do you suggest?

Post by lawschoolhopeful98 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Hey guys, this is my first thread so I'm not really sure how it works on here but I'm applying this upcoming cycle (2019-2020). Here's a little about me, and I'd love your input!

My GPA will get as high as a 3.2 come applications opening
I'm an AA female URM, First Generation college/law student, low income, part of the EOP program at my university

Softs:
work experience: 2 years at my University IT/Tech center and a summer as a Resident Advisor
Pre-law Society

I am taking the LSAT in both March and July, so I know there isn't a lot for you guys to go off of but I was wondering what score I should be getting to get into the schools I'm applying to. I'll have the list below! Also if you recommend any other schools I should apply to I'd love to know.

Boston University
UCLA
USC
Georgetown
Northwestern
Cornell
UC Irvine
UC Davis
Fordham
University of Washington
Washington University
Boston College
University of San Diego
University of Oregon
Loyola- LA
Brooklyn Law
Michigan State
University of Georgia

QContinuum

Re: What LSAT score would I need? What do you suggest?

Post by QContinuum » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:45 pm

You can try looking yourself on MyLSN.

But rather than worrying about a specific score to aim for, you should simply focus on maximizing your LSAT score to the greatest extent possible. The higher your LSAT, the better the schools you'll get into and the more scholarship $ you'll get.

Npret

Gold

Re: What LSAT score would I need? What do you suggest?

Post by Npret » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:01 am

lawschoolhopeful98 wrote:Hey guys, this is my first thread so I'm not really sure how it works on here but I'm applying this upcoming cycle (2019-2020). Here's a little about me, and I'd love your input!

My GPA will get as high as a 3.2 come applications opening
I'm an AA female URM, First Generation college/law student, low income, part of the EOP program at my university

Softs:
work experience: 2 years at my University IT/Tech center and a summer as a Resident Advisor
Pre-law Society

I am taking the LSAT in both March and July, so I know there isn't a lot for you guys to go off of but I was wondering what score I should be getting to get into the schools I'm applying to. I'll have the list below! Also if you recommend any other schools I should apply to I'd love to know.

Boston University
UCLA
USC
Georgetown
Northwestern
Cornell
UC Irvine
UC Davis
Fordham
University of Washington
Washington University
Boston College
University of San Diego
University of Oregon
Loyola- LA
Brooklyn Law
Michigan State
University of Georgia
You, like many other 0Ls, are looking at this backwards. First, you have what seems like an entirely random group of schools. You need to understand that law schools, outside a handful of national schools, place students locally. The kicker to that is that if you don’t have other ties to the area, just going to law school there may not be enough to get a job.

Second, law school admissions are almost entirely number based. You need to study correctly, look at guides here for how to do that, and get your best possible score.

Third, after you have your best possible score, look at where to apply. With a URM boost and a strong application, you could do well. URM cycles are a tad in predictable possibly because of fewer data points, so when you do apply - apply broadly but not just a laundry list of schools.

Come back here with a score and some ideas of where you have ties and we can help you decide where to apply. Aim high. Good luck.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”