Just got November LSAT score! Chance me? AA Male 3.1 GPA 159 LSAT Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
johnmicah918

New

Just got November LSAT score! Chance me? AA Male 3.1 GPA 159 LSAT

Post by johnmicah918 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Stats:
3.1 GPA- A result of an F and D in math classes I attempted when I had a different major
159 LSAT
Major: Economics and Political Science, Minor in African American Studies
Softs(weak)- Lots of internships with think tanks, paid Political Science research, Florida Democratic Party, intern for Texas State Senator
Would be first in family to attend graduate school if that helps

I think I did well for my first LSAT exam, my score isnt what I ultimately want but is close to what I expected, I had been PTing around 161. I graduate undergrad in May but I'm not applying until the next cycle so I have lots of time to bring this up, but my GPA is pretty much in stone so for right now these are the schools Im looking at.

University of Illinois
SMU (could live at home)
University of Georgia
UNC
Temple
UH(Undergrad, current city)
GA State
Howard
Villanova
Texas A&M (could live at home)
Cardozo
Loyola Chicago
Chicago Kent
University of Arizona

I wanted to see which of these schools I have the best chance of getting into and getting a scholarship from. Thanks!

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”