Any AA vets? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Hopeful2121

New

Any AA vets?

Post by Hopeful2121 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:25 am

Hi I would just like to get some perspective on the application experience from any other vets, active duty, or anyone that knows of any. How was it? How do law schools value military service? Thanks in advance for the insight!

LSlyfe

Bronze

Re: Any AA vets?

Post by LSlyfe » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:35 pm

Hopeful2121 wrote:Hi I would just like to get some perspective on the application experience from any other vets, active duty, or anyone that knows of any. How was it? How do law schools value military service? Thanks in advance for the insight!
Reservist here! I don’t know if there’s any clear data on how it impacts applications but if your GI/YRP eligible that definitely changes their perspective. Outside of few waivers and a few schools having solid vet specific visiting events or breakout sessions it didn’t come up much.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”