AA Male Splitter T-20 Chances

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
jmjohn26918

New

AA Male Splitter T-20 Chances

Postby jmjohn26918 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:38 pm

AA Male here from Texas state school (Not UT Austin) applying this cycle.

Economics and Political Science double major w/ African American Studies minor
LSAC GPA: 3.07 (This is a result of my own and my fathers medical problems I experienced during college, which I plan to speak on in essays)
LSAT: 166
Softs (weak):
-Lots of internship experience at think tanks, political offices etc.
-Economics Society
-United Black Students
-worked part time my entire time in undergraduate

Chance me for:
Penn
Northwestern
Cornell
Vanderbilt
Wash U
UT Austin
Emory
Notre Dame
USC

Thanks!

albanach

Gold

Re: AA Male Splitter T-20 Chances

Postby albanach » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:40 pm

jmjohn26918 wrote:AA Male here from Texas state school (Not UT Austin) applying this cycle.

LSAC GPA: 3.07 (This is a result of my own and my fathers medical problems I experienced during college, which I plan to speak on in essays)
Softs (weak):
-Economics Society
-United Black Students

Chance me for:
Penn
Northwestern
Cornell
Vanderbilt
Wash U
UT Austin
Emory
Notre Dame
USC

Thanks!

Be careful with the medical addenda.

As for chances, I think you're unlikely to get T-14 without an LSAT boost. Assuming you're not in state in Virginia or anywhere else that might matter. If you do get T-14 it will likely be at or close to sticker. Probably still worth applying, at least to everywhere below the T6 assuming you an get fee waivers.

Vandy, Wash-U and below are all likely to be in play with decent money available. Remember and use Law School Transparency to compare scholarship offers to total cost of attendance. And also remember that these schools have much more geographically constrained markets and much less access to biglaw, particularly if there's any sort of economic downturn. By next summer we will be in the longest period of economic growth in US history. *

* Past Performance Is No Guarantee of Future Results

jmjohn26918

New

Re: AA Male Splitter T-20 Chances

Postby jmjohn26918 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:54 pm

albanach wrote:
jmjohn26918 wrote:AA Male here from Texas state school (Not UT Austin) applying this cycle.

Softs (weak):
-Economics Society
-United Black Students

Chance me for:
Penn
Northwestern
Cornell
Vanderbilt
Wash U
UT Austin
Emory
Notre Dame
USC

Thanks!

Be careful with the medical addenda.

As for chances, I think you're unlikely to get T-14 without an LSAT boost. Assuming you're not in state in Virginia or anywhere else that might matter. If you do get T-14 it will likely be at or close to sticker. Probably still worth applying, at least to everywhere below the T6 assuming you an get fee waivers.

Vandy, Wash-U and below are all likely to be in play with decent money available. Remember and use Law School Transparency to compare scholarship offers to total cost of attendance. And also remember that these schools have much more geographically constrained markets and much less access to biglaw, particularly if there's any sort of economic downturn. By next summer we will be in the longest period of economic growth in US history. *

* Past Performance Is No Guarantee of Future Results

Why do you say be careful with the medical addendum? And as far those schools being geographically constrained, as long as I can get back to Texas I'm fine although I wouldn't mind Atlanta or California either, but according to Notre Dame's website the majority of their Texas students were able to find jobs in the state. Wash U might be really tricky though I'm not sure how well they place in Texas.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum�