MA: Need Advice 166-3.72 Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
7forkevin

New

MA: Need Advice 166-3.72

Post by 7forkevin » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:02 am

Hi!! (long text inc)
MA here (half MA). 166, 3.72
I'm trying to crack the T-14, specifically Berkeley/Stanford as I'm from the bay area and family doesn't really have the funds to move me across the country, and neither do I. (we po' af).

I went to a big public school, top 10 on US News. I had a rising grade trend; when I decided to go to law school I knew I had to start getting straight A's, and I did for the last two and a half years of school (3.90~ish for my last two and a half years). Double major with a minor. Honors thesis, leader in the media club, I would like to think all my teachers love me cause I raised my hand a million times in every class, fucking workaholic (worked 3 jobs simultaneously during college), work at a top 50 law firm now (entry level in silicon valley).

I took the LSAT 4 times --as I fucdfgkjdfgkjd suck at standardized tests and I STILL haven't hit my the range of my best PT scores (169-173). I'm honestly fed up and tired of the LSAT, I want to stop studying so badly (I've been studying since 2015). I took it 4 times because test anxiety kills me, even on the SAT I was quaking. I never had the money to go through the whole accommodations process -and someone told me I could do it through Kaiser, but I've never been diagnosed with anything or prescribed anything.

Please tell me what to do. I want to just ED to Berkeley and say "f--- it." I can also just take the LSAT again --two more points and I think I'd be able to live with myself.

Please help me. I don't know anything about this, I know 0 lawyers in my close circle/family. I know one dude at school who is also applying t-14. I just need advice. I'm willing to work myself to death so If I need to take the LSAT again I'll do it, I just need to believe it'll be worth it and I don't know what to think.

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”