What chance do I have at UChicago, Yale, Cornell and UVA?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
watchlover20

New

What chance do I have at UChicago, Yale, Cornell and UVA?

Postby watchlover20 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:00 pm

I'm a black male with a 3.5 GPA and 167 LSAT. his summer and last summer, I did payed research internships at Stanford (they were not law related, but I've heard that law schools like to see people with research experience and I could get a recommendation from the professor I did research with). I don't know how much schools would care, but I also studied abroad in Germany where all of my classes were in German, so I am now fluent in German. The only extracurricular I really have is taking piano lessons, and although I'm an advanced student I'm not an exceptional or noteworthy player. Do I have any chance at getting into UChicago, Yale, Cornell or UVA?

mmac

New

Re: What chance do I have at UChicago, Yale, Cornell and UVA?

Postby mmac » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:07 pm

It looks like you should have a good shot at the some top schools: http://mylsn.info/oe6w5e/ Good luck!

goingnutslawschool

New

Postby goingnutslawschool » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:42 am

You should definitely apply. Sorry but I can’t help myself- it’s paid not payed. I keep seeing this and it’s a red flag regarding your work product. Get out of the habit of misspelling this verb.

lana merakai

New

Postby lana merakai » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:29 pm

I think you have a great shot- I graduated from Northwestern Law and I had a 177 on my LSAT. But I knew a much of classmates that scored in the 169 or 170 who were minorities and were admitted. However, if you can retake the LSAT, I highly rec you do because it will give your more access to money.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum?