Native American URM- 3.2 GPA, 170 LSAT Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
mev1993

New

Native American URM- 3.2 GPA, 170 LSAT

Post by mev1993 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi-- I'm looking to apply to law school for Fall 2019. I graduated college in Dec 2017, here are my stats--

Native American URM
170 LSAT
3.20 GPA- Degree in Accounting
First Generation Student
1 Year of Full-time Accounting Experience (2 Years by time of Acceptance)
Don't know if this matters but for my diversity statement I am going to include my tribal heritage and also touch on my disability. I am bilaterally profoundly deaf. I use cochlear implants.

I would love to reach Penn or a similar school. Can anyone guess what schools I can get into, with $?

Thanks!

mmac

New

Re: Native American URM- 3.2 GPA, 170 LSAT

Post by mmac » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:49 pm

You should have a good shot at Chicago on down. The money is unclear though due to small sample sizes of URM with your stats. Good luck!

HarvardNALSA

New

Post by HarvardNALSA » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Blanket the entire T-14. If you put together a well-rounded application, with your background you have a legitimate chance at every school you apply to. Feel free to contact HLS NALSA if you have interest in attending Harvard Law School.

Regards,
HLS NALSA

mev1993 wrote:Hi-- I'm looking to apply to law school for Fall 2019. I graduated college in Dec 2017, here are my stats--

Native American URM
170 LSAT
3.20 GPA- Degree in Accounting
First Generation Student
1 Year of Full-time Accounting Experience (2 Years by time of Acceptance)
Don't know if this matters but for my diversity statement I am going to include my tribal heritage and also touch on my disability. I am bilaterally profoundly deaf. I use cochlear implants.

I would love to reach Penn or a similar school. Can anyone guess what schools I can get into, with $?

Thanks!

abl

Silver

Post by abl » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:15 am

I'd guess you have a real shot anywhere. It's ultimately going to come down to how well you can tell your own story (esp. at HYS). I'm happy to talk more if you want to PM me.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”