3.9/170/AA Male, Should I retake or apply this fall? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
fearitself

New

3.9/170/AA Male, Should I retake or apply this fall?

Post by fearitself » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:43 pm

3.9 GPA
170 LSAT score
AA Male

What are my odds at HYS? CCN? Is it worth risking a retake if I was PTing around 166-174? I checked various websites but I can't find many data points of blacks with similar stats to me.

4LTsPointingNorth

Bronze

Re: 3.9/170/AA Male, Should I retake or apply this fall?

Post by 4LTsPointingNorth » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Send out apps in September with a note that you're retaking the LSAT in November. Retake in November in case you get a higher score. No real downside to scoring lower on a retake (other than maybe in Yale's eyes?)

As things stand now you have a good shot at all of CCN and a plausible shot at getting into at least one of HYS

uncle_rico

New

Post by uncle_rico » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:41 pm

4LTsPointingNorth wrote:Send out apps in September with a note that you're retaking the LSAT in November. Retake in November in case you get a higher score. No real downside to scoring lower on a retake (other than maybe in Yale's eyes?)

As things stand now you have a good shot at all of CCN and a plausible shot at getting into at least one of HYS
I’d say they have a damn good shot at H

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:01 am

I'd be shocked if you didn't get at least one of HYS and all of CCN.

Wild Card

Silver

Post by Wild Card » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:22 am

You'll get in everywhere you apply.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:36 am

You can take the LSAT again if you want, but I don't think you need to. Instead of worrying about the test, spend the next month making sure all of your application materials are perfect, and then apply as soon as you can. I agree that you're likely get admitted everywhere.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”